Truck salesman

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Is there much demand for my truck?

2014 Dodge 2500 with Cummins diesel
    4×4
    311,000 miles
    body is good

Guess i’m wondering what a fair ballpark price would be should I decide to sell it.

Thank you.

riverruns
    Inactive

I would be interested in the demand or price as well? Any pictures?

I have a 2006, 2500 with Cummins diesel Mega Cab. No rust and 159K on. Often wonder what this would be worth and any demand.

Sorry to hijack your thread. wave doah

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

That’s a crapload of miles for 6 years Dutch!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Did you see that recent Clint Eastwood movie, “The Mule”????

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Many freeway runs to Kansas City and it’s 500 miles round trip to the lake. I think they call those “easy & soft” miles. wink

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Diesels right now are going for gold. I see many trucks going 250k and asking price is still outrageous to me.
    I would try to sell it out right before trading it. I seen your truck and if i remember its very clean

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would prefer selling it outright but I need a price point. If the price point is low in my mind because of the miles i’d just keep it. Hence the question. grin

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

4×4
    311,000 miles
    body is good

Guess i’m wondering what a fair ballpark price would be should I decide to sell it.

Thank you.

I sold my 2005 Chevy Duramax 3/4 ton with 376,000 mi on it for 10 grand. I put it up for sale on craigslist and I was a bit overwhelmed by the number of calls I had on it. Sold it to the first guy that came and looked at it. The condition was pretty good although It did have a little rust on it along the rocker panels. It does seem that diesel trucks in good running condition with a reasonable body rarely fall much below that $10,000 price range.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thank you.

BTW, Brandel will get a shot if I decide to buy new. grin

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thank you.

BTW, Brandel will get a shot if I decide to buy new. grin

Good luck with the sale of your old truck. If it’s a good runner my guess is you won’t have any issues moving it.

The guys up to Brandl are good people. Hunters and anglers that love their trucks. I think you’ll feel right at home.

Coletrain27

You might want to look into buying a new one first before you sell. I know a lot of the lots are bare bones right now ???

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

4×4
    311,000 miles
    body is good

Thank you.

Anytime I look to sell a vehicle I connect with Dean Marshall. Given his background in auto sales and his existing network that he maintains with auto dealers he’s been able to put me right in the sweet spot every time. So, call Dean. Pay him with cookies!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I would try to sell it out right before trading it. I seen your truck and if i remember its very clean

The dealership I bought my 2017 Duramax from offered me $2,000 in trade for my 2005. They were very apologetic and told me that trucks that old were hard for them to sell so they would send it straight to auction. Essentially they apologized for their low ball offer and told me to sell it outright.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

4×4
    311,000 miles
    body is good

Thank you.

Anytime I look to sell a vehicle I connect with Dean Marshall. Given his background in auto sales and his existing network that he maintains with auto dealers he’s been able to put me right in the sweet spot every time. So, call Dean. Pay him with cookies!

At the risk of leaving with a new Warrior to tow behind the new truck,,,

HRG

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

HRG

The risk is real. grin

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Hot Runr Guy wrote:</div>

HRG

The risk is real. grin

Who me ??????? C’mon now !!! :]

Dustin Tichy

Nothing wrong with leaving the boat center with a new warrior behind the truck ;)

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

You might want to look into buying a new one first before you sell. I know a lot of the lots are bare bones right now ???

Wonder if this is true across the board?

I did some quick searching online at some dealers near me and was not impressed with selection. Have not researched too hard yet though

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

Wonder if this is true across the board?

I did some quick searching online at some dealers near me and was not impressed with selection. Have not researched too hard yet though

Not sure, but in Rochester the new and even used lots are bare with trucks compared to what they normally have on hand.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t think I would have to much trouble finding a dealer to take my money.
    First need to decide what to do with the Dodge.

Does high teens $$$$ seem about right? Doesn’t seem we have any truck sales people here.

michael keehr

I haven’t been in the market for a long time but I would say if it is rust free and you want to move it I would guess about 18,000 if you don’t mind tire kickers 20,500

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

At 15-16k it’d be gone in a hurry. I’d think listing just under that 20k price point would get lookers and offers. Just my 2 cents.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Just for reference. I recently jumped into the diesel world from the private party used market.

2015 Chevy Duramax LTZ 4×4 132,000 miles for 28k. Truck was cleaner than I expected it to be with new tires and windshield installed before I bought it.

Attachments:
    1. 184D8633-C4FC-45A4-9F2F-72B40091AD22.png

munchy
    NULL

Does high teens $$$$ seem about right?

Depends, is it a single cab barebones work truck, a fully decked out mega-cab, or somewhere in between?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

4 door with back up camera & satellite radio but not maxed out with features. Likely would let the Leer topper go with it.

Lou W

Have you looked on line at Kelly blue book, nada , car max? Might be some others too. You can plug in your numbers and get retail and trade in estimates. It’s a starting point anyway

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.