Western WI trout report

• ozzyky
    On water

Fished three days this last week. Two days were ideal conditions for what I like, rain and cloud cover. Each day I managed one fish over 17 inches with the biggest two being 19 inches and 20 1/2. That is the two trout in the pictures. Amazing the size difference in the two for only a 1 1/2 inch difference. Fish where active on live bait and spinners. Bigger fish came on live bait. Eater size fish on the spinners. Normally am in the boat by now, but the trout had my interest this week and it was a blast.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Nice browns!

BomberA

atta boy ozzy

thunderstick?
    pin minnow?
    mini-tube?

inquiring minds want to know

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Ozz way to go. Especially like the photo of you holding the biggie. Details on how you caught, what the fish did, etc., exact lures used, time of day. Oh and please email or PM me the location(s) OK? I would like to fish with you. You live in Ellsworth so I could pick you up.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Ozzy:

Be careful of that MN guy, don’t let him lure you to the dark side!!! Great fish by the way!!!

Mark

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

Details on how you caught, what the fish did, etc., exact lures used, time of day. Oh and please email or PM me the location(s) OK

Caught him in slack water out of the current, was actually expecting a sucker to come out of there. Wacked the crawler very hard and after a 2-3 minute scuffle the fish was landed for a quick measurement and photo and back into the water. Forgot what the name of the stream is but it is regulated trout water.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.