opening day trout pics.

• ozzyky
    On water

Beautiful day to be out on the stream or anything outdoors for that matter. Waited till the afternoon to get out and did pretty well. Trout seemed to be most agressive while the sun was out. Once it went behind the bluff things got a little more difficult. Here are a few of the better ones. Everything was caught on spinning gear. Oh and after a two year drought of posting pics. I’d like to thank the FW for teaching me how to reduce the images for uploading.

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

Very nice. Great job.

weldon
    Rochester, Mn

Nice looking trout. I’ve got the itch, but have to wait for April 1 for catch & release on the Mn side of the river. Spinners seem to work real well for about 2-3 weeks, then the first hatch occurs and it’s absolutely sinful how the trout won’t even follow a spinner 3 days later!

LenH
    Wisconsin

Fished with a friend yesterday and this morning. I let him have holes first and gave him pointers on where to cast and what to use. His wife revoked his “Man Pass” at noon today and I was left to flounder and trudge through the snow alone this afternoon. 37 trout later and my legs are really tired and my back is killing me I am happy and satisfied. Very good opening weekend.

Life is good.

shway
    River Falls WI

Good Looking fish, days like today make early season a blast! Had a 14 incher on my first cast of the years and could not complain with the next 11 trout i caught after that either. Was using a spinner too, also found they liked the sun being out.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Honest 20″ male brown. Likely 6lbs

Next cast, same pool this chunky 18.5″ male brown.

This one on Saturday was also close to 18″

Bonus was a colorful brookie, close to 14″ long

Thanks to Len. He was a huge help. Nobody knows trout waters in southwestern WI better.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Ozz those are some exceptional trout. Second and fourth fish have great spots! May I ask what general area – county you fished? We fished Richland and Crawford mainly I believe.

Big spinners? We used #9 Panther Martins for the most part. Slow retrieve critical.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Here is one more from WI pre-season opener. This was actually the first fish of the day. Dang was it freezing early am. I believe it was only 20 out. Islets were icing up and the 17lb braided line was icing up.

Why 17lb braided? Because I lost a 32″ brown on 10lb last August. I did not see the 32,” believe she passed on. However still plenty of big fish here. Background darkened to protect my spot. Fish actually caught right around sunrise.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.