where are all the trout guys?

• drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

I am quite surprised at the lack of trout/stream discussions on the wisconsin site!
    I do not know if everyone is choosing to be tight lipped or what
    I visited the Rush, Elk and Timber earlier this week
    Waters are very clear and somewhat low.
    Fishing was still great
    Numerous fish, exclusively browns, C&R on Tuesday.
    I can offer more if anyone is out there
    cheers

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I think about trout fishing but just cant get the ambition to chase them all season. Back in the day when I lived in Michigan it was a season long pursuit but now I’m a converted warm water guy all summer. Trout fishing is so instinctive to me I cannot pass a stream without evaluating its potential for trout. I even stopped at a couple this weekend just to look. It would be easy to say I was spoiled by all the wonderful streams in Michigan but there’s probably more to it than that including the fact I have a boat. Ever fish at dark when the mayflies hatch? I can hear that slurp now….

ozzyky
    On water

My trout season runs from March to middle May and then I’m on the lakes and rivers. I might go a few times towards the end of the season in September. I just don’t like all the bugs and weeds this time of year.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Understood
    You sure do have some fine waters in your back yard though
    cheers

ripper

Hey I’m here! Scratched off alot of bad water sunday in southern Richland county, but did find a 14 rainbow exploring a little. That’s 2 rainbows this year, never caught them before in streams that are not cat. 5 C&R only. weird. I love trout fishing this time of year, no crowds! Bring on the weeds and bugs. Takes a few days to stop scratching though!

drakesdemise

Try thay new 3M insect repellant.
    I forget the name, but I have the lotion that comes in a tube. Holy cow, does this stuff work !
    I make sure that I wear latex surgical gloves when I apply it though.
    cheers

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Ultrathon

drakesdemise

Thanks Suzuki, that is it
    cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.