Have NEVER Caught A Fish In This Hole

• LenH
    Wisconsin

I have fished this hole for 3 years now. I have caught fish above and below this specific hole. I have NEVER had a bite in this hole.

I have had friends with that have pounded this hole.

No one can crack the code.

The last time I fished it I finally made excuses for not catching anything in there.

The guy I was with laughed.

I said maybe some worm dunkers fished it hard and that is why there are no fish in here. My friend dismissed that notion. He said it was way too remote and the weeds were not knocked down to explain that excuse.

We were walking out and my buddy said: “The only logical reason for no trout to be in that hole is because there is “ONE” huge dominant trout in that hole that eats or scares away others and is as smart as they come and only feeds nocturnally.”

I like his reasoning.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

It honestly might not be that far off either! Some of the 20″+ trout can be pretty dominant of there territory!

LenH
    Wisconsin

another photo from this spring

before the weeds were up

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

looks similar to a hole along CC. Hopefully its not an otter clearing it out….if so, let me know. I should have a southern tag this year

mudneck_joe
    SE MN

Fish it in the rain or when the water is dirty with a bright rapala. That hole is calm and clear. Or maybe there is a big snapping turtle in it.

LenH
    Wisconsin

the potential of a big fish is there.

This trout was caught just 40 yards downstream under a downed tree and the stream there is 4 feet wide there at best.

Jake_A

If theres browns in there DEFINITELY a big in there no doubt. Throw a big rapala.

LenH
    Wisconsin

Quote:

If theres browns in there DEFINITELY a big in there no doubt. Throw a big rapala.

will try that the next time I am there

thanks

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Quote:

Quote:

will try that the next time I am there

X2 throw a big jointed stick rap…… BIG like 8+ inches big, when i used to fish trout i fished small streams like that mostly, its amazing what will come out from under the bank in spots the creek is only a few feet wide to crush a big rap. you might not get long retrieves but it dosnt take much…… good luck!

thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.