Western Wisconi trout

• ozzyky
    On water

Been in the dark ages the last few months with limited oppurtunities to get on the internet. Had a great early season the few times I got out and the season is off to a good start as well. Spinning tackle has taken all of my fish to date. Spinners and stickbaits in the early season. Crawlers during the season. Here’ a picture of my biggest two from the season. 20 and 19 inches. The 20 incher was kept for a fishing contest and weighed 3.2 lbs The 19 was released but I think it was heavier than the 20. (Any trout I catch over 15 automatically gets released and about a half dozen get consumed over the course of the season.)

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Nice pics. and great report.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Ozzyky good to see you on the board and congrats on the big catches. Oh and both of those look like males too. Even more rare.

Big trout love big spinners and worms. I only use #9PMs for spinners these days. #6 is too small. I was a #6 guy more in previous years. When I first started out I was using #00 (1/32 oz) if you can believe that. 3/8 oz. Heck I even got some #15 (1/2 oz) but I think they are generally too big for inland stream trout. Maybe not too big for lake run browns or salmon though.

Send me a PM sometime. I make it western WI too, maybe we could go troutin’ sometime.

Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.