trouble with Panoptix PS22 and Echo Map Plus 73 SV

• Matthew Dickson

Hello all, I’m having trouble with my brand new Echo Map Plus 73 SV and my brand new Panoptix PS22 transducer that is supposed to do LiveVu Down and LiveVu Forward. On the screen, the only option I am given is LiveVu Down. There is no option to be found anywhere for LiveVu Forward. The transducer is mounted to a PVC pipe attached to the side of my kayak. I tried having it pointed straight out as well as downward facing. Makes no difference. Under the menu in the Panoptix screen there is a calibrate compass which I did successfully. I updated the head unit to the latest software update. So I am at a loss as to what to do next. The Garmin website shows the 2 to be compatible with each other. I tried calling Garmin, but closed for the weekend so I will try again Monday. Anyone with suggestions? Thanks

carver
    West Metro

The only thing that comes to mind is if the panoptix ducer has power or enough power.

Matthew Dickson

In the downvu screen it shows 13.5v. And I tried a different battery as well. I’m still lost.

Craig Kilber

I had the same thing with mine, I purchased the ice bundle. I talked to a rep at garmin and was told to bring it back to the store and get a different one. Something was wrong with the transducer is what I was told.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.