Trolling motor bracket for Helix 7di

• Justin T. Huebner
    Spooner, Wisconsin

Hey fishing family,

I’m looking at mounting my Humminbird Helix 7 di to my bow mounted Minn Kota trolling motor. I want something heavy duty with no plastic if possible. Currently looking at the Minn Kota MKR-15, it looks heavy duty enough to do the job but I’m not sure of it’s fitting capability with the Helix 7 di. Thanks for any help.

Tight lines!

Attachments:
    1. image.png

munchy
    NULL

No it will not fit. The mount that does fit is all plastic.

Really the heavy duty option would be to get the actual trolling motor transducer for the unit.
    I believe that to be (XTM 9 DI 25 T)

You may be able to exchange it with humminbird for a few extra bucks.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Just thinking out loud here, but I also need to pick up a bracket for a helix 5, and honestly last thing I’d want is heavy duty.

No matter what bracket you use the transducer itself is still the weakest link, when comes the time the unit does hit something hard, I sure would want that cheap $15-20 bracket to break before my ducer.

My 2 cents.

Justin T. Huebner
    Spooner, Wisconsin

That was my first option but when I ordered it I realized my helix 7 transducer was much too long for that style bracket unfortunately.

Justin T. Huebner
    Spooner, Wisconsin

No it will not fit. The mount that does fit is all plastic.

Really the heavy duty option would be to get the actual trolling motor transducer for the unit.
    I believe that to be (XTM 9 DI 25 T)

You may be able to exchange it with humminbird for a few extra bucks.

Do you know what the plastic one is called?

munchy
    NULL

AD XTM 9

$19 on Amazon

Bryan Myers

That was my first option but when I ordered it I realized my helix 7 transducer was much too long for that style bracket unfortunately.

Which transducer shield did you try because I am pretty sure they have an updated one for the new style DI transducer.

Justin T. Huebner
    Spooner, Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin T. Huebner wrote:</div>

Which transducer shield did you try because I am pretty sure they have an updated one for the new style DI transducer.

I got the ssc-3. They only had the two options when I ordered from Bass Pro Shops, regular style or puck style but the Helix transducer is much longer and slimmer than the one meant for that particular shield.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.