Trolling Motor Batteries

• smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Always been a big fan of Interstate Batteries. Need to replace the my SRM27 Interstate batteries which lasted 7 yrs. Started shopping around and found they now get $120 each. Also checked at Sams Club and they have Energizers for $79.88 and Farm and Fleet batteries are $69.99. The Energizer has 840 cranking amps, the Farm and Fleet has 810 and the Interstate has 750. Has anyone had any experience with the Energizers or the Farm and Fleet Batteries?

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Interstate or better odyssey but a lot more money well worth if you can swing it. Interstate are next best.

Iowaboy1

smithkeith,you have an interstate battery depot in your neck of the woods at hudson,give them a call and see if they have any blems on hand,I have used those for years and never had a problem with them.

they are batteries that have reached their shelf life and are discharged and recharged several times to make sure they operate at full potential,then re-labeled and sold at a steep discount.
    I normally get three good years out of them and they have a ninety day warranty.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Interstate and energizer are both johnson controls batteries, farm and fleet are deka batteries. I am not positive that it’s true but I’ve been told any battery of the same series that’s say a johnson control battery, is the same battery with a brand name different sticker. They have to be very similar for sure at the least as you can see in some brands that cases are identical (farm fleet and napa branded ones for example as I know for sure these are both Deka’s).

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

smithkeith,you have an interstate battery depot in your neck of the woods at hudson,give them a call and see if they have any blems on hand,I have used those for years and never had a problem with them.

they are batteries that have reached their shelf life and are discharged and recharged several times to make sure they operate at full potential,then re-labeled and sold at a steep discount.
    I normally get three good years out of them and they have a ninety day warranty.

Sometimes the blems are just case color variance or label damage. Last ones I bought had to have electrolyte added when I bought them at my local interstate center.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

The Fleet Farm batteries are great batteries. Resolute batteries are made by East Pen. I replaced my resolute battery with another resolute last fall after 8 years of use.
    I just noticed you mentioned farm and fleet. Well if they cary resolute batteries your good to go.

One thing about energisers is nappa auto I go to used to carry them they switched over to east pen manufactured battery after all the fails from the energiser battery.

I’m happy with the lead acid core performance so I see no need to switch to the others but I do here good things about the others if you want to spend more for them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.