trolling for lakers , knife Kek and others in the area

• eyesonly

I want to be ready for any sales that’s may come up soon. Looking for crank bait advice for lakers on my bwca trips for this year. Can I get a few of your favorites pulling behind the Canoe ?

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Rapala DT 20’s are my favorite trolling baits for spring, summer and fall. For mid summer add some egg sinkers to get them to dive deeper! When the fish are shallow in the spring and fall F9-F13 originals work really well too. A lot of guys will run ProKing spoons too, but I don’t dabble in those too much. I’ll cast cleos and flukes around rock piles and islands when they’re shallow too. When they’re deeper in the summer I jig 1/2oz-1oz tube jigs and the same weight in silver spoons if I’m not deep trolling raps. A little more than you asked for, but hopefully it all helps.

eyesonly

Thanks Ben. I didn’t want to bother you with a pm. You already have helped me out so much. This trip will be from June 20th for about 10 days. Permit already reserved !

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

TD 20’s with egg sinkers should work great

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

I like a three way rig with a f11 or a xrap if you have a counter real you can really dial in your depth. Good luck o and tail dancers work well to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.