Last week’s fishing

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Made it out last week a couple times to fish with some friends. Met Tom and IDOer Chad Mayer over in the canal for a few hours of fishing. They went to Elwood in the am and didn’t do well, so I was hoping we could get some fish in the boat in the afternoon. Well….we definitely did that. In about 3 1/2 hrs of fishing, I’d say we put over 100 fish in the boat, easy. I really wish I would have brought my fish counters with me so I had a better number, because we really caught a lot of fish. We fished an area that I hadn’t fished all year, and it really produced for us. There was one stretch where I caught fish on about a dozen consecutive casts. However, the real nice fish went to Tom and Chad with these nice fish that went 12 1/2″ and 13 1/2″.

The next day I went to another stretch of the canal I hadn’t fished yet this year, and another area I have never seen. Was there with my friend Marty from GI, and I didn’t get there until about 3 or so, but started catching fish immediately. We found some smallies up near some rocks, but the whites were down on a drop about 10-12 FOW. Some of the whites were pretty decent, and there were also a few wipers down there, which made it a pretty good time. After our fish moved, we drifted for channel cats with some cut shad, and managed to get probably 6 or 8 of em into the boat in about 2 hours. Nicer cats were about 4 lbs.

Weather is really supposed to crash this week, so we’ll see how it affects our fish out there. 81 today….only about 64 tomorrow, and they’re saying 43 Wed night. Could get interesting.

djorg
    Central City, NE

Very interesting, wondering how this change in weather will change the fishing? Seems like we were stable for a long period and the fishing suffered from it. Thanks for the report Brian. The canal has been good to you.

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

Nice haul Bryan. I tried to get a hold of you late last week. Anyway I have to work days this week so I won’t be out this week. I plan on hitting it hard next week.

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Thanks Brian! We had a great time. I am going to try and make it back down there in a couple weeks. Do you have Oct 5th and 6th off?

boos1906

Brian thanks for the report. I’m coming back this weekend. Gonna hit johnson on friday I think and then take the boat out and head over to the canal on saturday and sun.

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Quote:

I just might….

DO YOU WANT TO TRY SOME FISHING ON OCT 5 OR 6TH?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

WHY ARE YOU YELLIN AT ME??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.