Wednesday

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Picked dad up and hit the canal again today. Clouds were threatening, but I’m sure glad we went out. Didn’t get rained on at all, and the fishing was excellent. First cast of the day yielded a crappie, which was a good sign. We hit a few more, along with some surfacing whites. Then we decided to go trolling, and it was just a bit slow. Managed 3 whites and a kittenfish, no saugers or eyes. We decided to go after more crappies, and it turned out that we should have done that all along. We found two hot spots that really produced, and I’d comfortably say we pulled out around 60-70 crappies total all day. Not many keepers by our standards, but there were a few nice ones here and there. Throw in a few more whites and sunfish, and it was a good time. Dad was really handing it to me there for a while, it was just crazy. The fish were not picky, and were hitting about everything we had to offer. One spot was a spot that has always looked good but never produced the way it did today. 5-6 fish in 10 casts was quite common today.

After dark, we got out of the canal and headed over to Johnson Lake to fish a certain area, and within half an hour we had probably 10-12 white bass and a drum, but not any of the walleye we were after. Water was down about 2′, so I don’t think that helped any when we were fishing only 5-6 FOW to begin with a few weeks ago.

I hope the weather stays stable for a while yet, it’s been great out there in the canal. We’ll see what the end of irrigation season and falling temps bring us.

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

I should have called you last night but my phone died. I went golfing instead of fishing today. Maybe I should have went out this morning. I’ll be out next Monday.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Huh??? Golfing?? You know why I always say…if it’s nice enough to go golfing, it’s been nice enough to fish for a week.

I’ve got this next Wed Thur off, imagine I’ll probably be over there one of those days, but not completely sure. Thinkin about trying it elsewhere, we’ll see.

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

I’ll be out fishing tomorrow but it will be another spot along the canal. I need to get some more fish for poker night next week.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Good luck Matt. I’m anxious to know how you do.

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Good report Brian, it must be the boat.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

it must be the boat.

I sure hope so. You know it ain’t me.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

It’s amazing how much confidence a new ride gives a guy. Part of the reason my boat is for sale.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.