Treager grills

• Ranger rick

If you have one you love it?? I’m toying with getting since I can buy one near cost. Like the taste of wood fired

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

A pellet grill is something to love for ease of cooking and getting some smoke flavor. HOWEVER, pellet smoked food does NOT taste like wood smoked food IMO. It will be good and it will be easy but don’t expect it to taste like the real deal. I just bought a Davey Crocket pellet smoker because it is small enough to take camping and think that we will really enjoy it.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

They are awesome don’t agree with pellet gills not the same it is just compressed wood. Many BBQ awards for pellet grills

gary d
    cordova,il

I have a treager grill and I do like it. As all the infro-ad said the only thing is I don’t think that you get a real grill taste as you would with a true wood grill. As far as that I like all the things that I have done of the grill. I have used it even this winter. Pizza is great.
    All smiles with this grill user.

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Jump on that deal! I love mine.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I have 2 questions:

1. How are they for smoking fish?
    2. How are they for searing steaks?

?????

Ok there are many types of wood pellet grills. The trager will reach a max temp of 400-450 at best as they are uninsulated. One can buy an insulation kit but I do not have one. I have my original Trager as a fishsmoker and it works great. I now own a Memphis wood pellet grill after having 3 tragers that reaches 650 deg and has a searing plate for steaks. Awsome!! It wil smoke at 160-180 for pork buts, briket and ribs and put the heat on for searing a steak. Only issue is the cost of the memphis grill but you get what you pay for and it is insulated best grill I have everh had but a bit expensive. All stainless steel and well built.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.