Market dropping

• lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I have been getting word the last few days of a legal matter in China dropping the bottom out of the coon and rat market. Sounds like speculation buyers are cutting their prices to less than half of their early prices.
    The good news is this is supposed to be confined to the coon and rat market.

It is hard to say what will happen at the spring auction for the guys that put up their own fur. Speculation buyers tend to be a little quick on the trigger so they lower their risk as much as possible.

Anybody else have any info about this?

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I spoke with a mink farmer in town here who raises around a 1,000 a year. His words were it is all going to depend on the internation fur tax being passed or not. He said the black market has been a thing going on for years and if infact this is the year they put it into place there could be some interesting numbers to watch. Also another thing to watch is china and russia are having a very warm winter so far.
    That being said as of right now my coon season is all but dead in the water unless we get a warm up soon and rat populations in local creeks are rock bottom so who knows if I will be harvesting any of those 2 species the remainder of the year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.