Huge Coon

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Yesterday was my 2nd day of checking/setting traps with Jeff. We got a giant coon, 30lb range if I had to guess. We also got a small beaver, cottontail, field mouse and a skunk.

With the wet conditions we had one pan froze down the day before, the yote came back but he missed the pan so we tweaked the setup a bit. It was nice having the snow to see what had transpired.

I also made my first snare and foot hold set. The report just came in. We blanked last night. Well, only one skunk caught in a snare. It was down to 1 degree so maybe the critters didn’t move much.

What I love about trapping is the anticipation. As I’m sitting here at work wishing I could have been along to check traps. Oh well, I’ll be back at it on Thursday AM.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

If you put a golf ball on top of your DP the field mice can’t get into them. The coon and everything else will still be able to get at the bait. Nice catches….

kooty
    Keymaster

Jeff’s parents checked our traps this AM since we both had to be back to work today. I got a big coon in my first snare set. We also got a couple more skunks. I’ll be back out there tomorrow checking traps through Saturday. Can’t wait!!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Nice work Kooty Had to look twice at that muskrat lookin mouse, that is HUGE!

kooty
    Keymaster

Jeff’s parents checked our traps this AM since we both had to be back to work today. I got a big coon in my first snare set. We also got a couple more skunks. I’ll be back out there tomorrow checking traps through Saturday. Can’t wait!!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Nice work Kooty Had to look twice at that muskrat lookin mouse, that is HUGE!

kooty
    Keymaster

Here it is.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

What no pics of the mouse????????? I`m calling discrimination do to size, can`t be the hide as cold as it has been should of been prime.

kooty
    Keymaster

Here he is.

suspenders

what do ya think that mouse will bring ,them dp’s are great no dogs, mine are just full of oppossum?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.