best season so far

• TeamBurbot

This season of trapping has been amazing. in a 2 week period i have out cought my normal season record of fur.i dont know why this year has been so good. I have been trapping the same areas and making the same sets the past 3 years. Maybe it is just time and experience that has been working for me. my fur count this year is:
    15 coon
    29 rats
    8 mink
    2 beaver
    To me that is pretty good its just a small line that i run after school on my grandparnts farmland. iam hoping to get out later in the season and try them flat tails again and try the local golf course over my thanksgiving break.

deerdragger

Great post – congrats on your season thus far. I haven’t trapped since I was in high school, though posts like yours have me thinking it’s time to get back into it. I remember the rush of catching my first mink (and back then it was worth $50).

Do you put up your own furs or sell the critters in the round?

adamgdunn
    Iowa

Nice haul so far! My count is slowly climbing 5 beaver 1 coon. Good luck for the rest of the season.

TeamBurbot

Well i just started last year putting pretty much all my furs on strechers. some of the coon i just dont get to putting them on boards, its hard to find time with school and every thing going on. but here are some pictures of a few of my finished furs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.