Trappers Ed Class, this Saturday , Chippewa County

• rvrhntr
    Holmen WI / New Berlin WI / Pelican Lake WI

Dave I am not sure about Bass tournaments but with Musky Tournaments they start setting things up before year end then list them around the 1st of the year. It takes quite a bit of work to set them up. But they try to give you plenty of time to get your schedule straight.
    GOOD LUCK
    RIVER HUNTER

les_welch

It starts at 8 a.m, at the Bloomer Rod and Gun Club. It will last until around 4:00 ish, and is a one day class. If you have interest in trapping, this is your best chance to learn from one of the premier trappers in the country. Cost is around $7 which goes to the state. This will be book, classroom, and hands on, with demos. WTA

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Good post WTA, do you where I might find out where other classes are being taught???

Mark

les_welch

Best thing to do is to call Nicci, or the district coordinator. Unfortunately many of the classes don’t get listed.

WTA

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Thanks you guys!!! I have a close friend who would be invaluable to start with as he traps for the Federal government for living. But he doesn’t qualify for trapping classes and certification. Last year I received two fisher tags and couldn’t use them… One of the things I have to question the WDNR about as I don’t sign up to trap on my conservation Patron license.

steve_white
    St Germain, WI

Mark, there is also a correspondence course you can take. Go to the DNR websit under trapping and you will find Mike Widner’s number. A lot of the classes are hard to attend. Sammy is taking the course now. At least the DNR course. She gets the woods course once the season starts. Sure will be nice to have someone to carry the gear this year!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.