• les_welch

fishing the easy way

les_welch

my brother doing some fishing, lol

les_welch

a morning’s check

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Awesome pictures! The first one with your dad and your son is priceless!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

makes me wanna get right back into trapping…..wish I had the time

awesome pictures!!!

dkremer99
    Central City, IA

hey Whitetail
    Do you seem to get a better average price out of your coon by streching them? Around where I’m at it didn’t seem to pay for itself.
    Thanks
    Dan

les_welch

Yes, but not really if that answers your question. I sell to a buyer who ships directly to China. No middle man. So my fur is usually worth more than most who sell to Groney or buyers who are the middle man. My buyer only pays about $2 more for put up, than in the grease. Maybe I am weird, but I like working fur. WTA

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Sweet pics! I love the 1st one. That’s a big smile
    I never read about incidental catches of fish before. Are they checking out bait or just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Those dogs are huge.

Ferny

les_welch

I was sound checking for runs, up this cut. There was actually about 14″ of ice all around, right up until I went through that is! There was less than 1/2″ in an area of the bank about 6′ wide, out about 4′. I thought I found the mother load of rat dens. I was able to set in front of “den”. I gated it with about 10 BMI 110’s. Next day a majority were tipped over and fired, with no catches. So then I set Belisle 220’s, and it was game on. Eagle food, the become!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Nice pics whitetailaddict,

Let me make one suggestion if you link out to photos on photobucket be sure that they are no wider than 450 pixels on either side or you will stretch the page here on the site.

Using the photo upload system here on the site is FAR easier and quicker than using photobucket or other photo hosting sites. The other nice thing about uploading photos to the IDA server is that they’ll always be part of the post you added them to. If you browse old threads you’ll find nearly all photos added using a hosting site are missing… so the posts that are loaded with all those red “X’s” indicating a missing file. Also check out how to use our
    New Photo System

tomliver
    Almost North of 8

Gotta love a little “bonus” with the pike in the trap! Fried or pickeled?

les_welch

believe it or not released. He was just a wagging that stake when we walked up to it. Swam off, like no problem.

schweg2
    Centuria,WI

Nice pics…
    Are those 2 fishers on the tailgate?

les_welch

yes, we each had a tag for one.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.