Back from the North

• blain861

Got back last night from a week of trapping Martin and Fisher up in Northeast MN. Had a very slow time of it this year. I ended up with 2 Martin and 2 Fisher, and a couple incidental weasel’s (ermine). Very cold and lots of snow for most of the week, so not sure if that slowed movement. I ran between 25 – 30 box sets with 220’s throughout the week and covered several miles. Had a great time and learned a lot. Heading to Carlos Avery tomorrow evening to register them, then they’ll be off to get tanned and eventually will be hanging in my cabin. I haven’t pulled any pictures off my camera, but when I do I’ll try to post a few of the sets and the animals.

No more trapping for me until next year. May try some calling for fox and coyote though.

schweg2
    Centuria,WI

Congrats on your catches!
    Where are you going to bring them to get tanned?

blain861

Not sure if this will work since I’ve never attached pictures before. These are a few shots from last year. I still haven’t taken pictures from this year off my camera. Last year we used 160’s, but switched back to mainly 220’s this year.

I bring stuff I want to get tanned to my taxidermist and he sends them off to be tanned, not sure where. Scott Miller in Prescott Wisconsin.

blain861

A few more pictures from this year.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great pics Switchback and congrats!

waterfowler99
    Midwest

Awesome photos!!! Thanks for sharing them

timmy

Here is a pic of a big male fisher – from a couple years back. No pics from this years run, but I hope you enjoy this one anyway….

It was a 220 in a bucket set. This exact location has produced a big male fisher every year I have set it (6 years worth)… It is probably my favorite single location

Tim

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

Were are you going to send the hides to get tanned

ken67

it looks like you had a good time trapping. trappimg has always been an interest to me but ive never been able to get out there and actually try it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.