Transducer mounting location?

• Tyler Ness

Where is the the best location and best method for attaching both Lowrance structure scan and regular sonar transducer on a wx 1880?

Attachments:
    1. image4.jpg

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

The best location to mount the ducers are ironically where the old holes are. Please see attached picture, I did my best to show where to mount them

Basically the 2D should go between the bunks and the SS ducer should be mounted on top of the step with enough clearance from the motor when turned in either direction. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.

thanks

Attachments:
    1. WX1880.jpg

Tyler Ness

Thx for the response- that’s what I was looking for!

Zack Blake

I would like to jump on the post if I can.
    Calvin, I am re-rigging my wx1880 and also putting the lss-2 transducer on. My question is I noticed you said to put it on the starboard side, does it matter? I was thinking of mounting it under the step. Also, would you use the new 2D transducer it came with or reuse the old one that is apoxied into the bilge? Lastly they say to keep both transducers within a foot of each other, do you think it will be affected with the one in the bilge?

Tyler, how did yours work out?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Buffalo Bill

I have a wx 1850 with a garmin 93sv. I mouted mine under the step because the transducer does 2d, DI and SI. works well keeps 2d bottom contact on plane and SI looks great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.