Transducer Location on WX2200

• Bob Jones

I realize this topic has been raised in other forums, however, after reading the other posts I am still unclear as to the best location. I just purchased a WX2200 and spent a few hours yesterday with the dealership on rigging. I’m installing Humminbird Helix 12 SI in the cockpit. They are suggesting mounting both the Side Imaging & 2D transducer in the recesses area of the back of the boat (sorry I didn’t take a picture). Will this work? After returning home I realized the side imaging transducer may have interference with the hull if its not mounted below the running surface.

Appreciate if anyone can share their advice or what has worked (or not worked) for them. Recalling don’t want to drill a hole in the wrong location.

Thanks
    -Bob

grizzly
    nebraska

Who is the dealership

Smellson

That’s where I’d do it….If you mount it on the transom. Good chance you’ll be hitting the motor when it’s trimmed all the way down, even more so with a kicker. 2-d I personally like off the back on the boat and starboard side just so when I’m fish vertical I can watch my lure on the graph.

Bob Jones

Wonderland Marine in Howell, MI

nick2060

That is a good spot for the SI/DI transducer. Make sure they also hook up the glassed in transducer that comes with the boat with the splitter cable so you have depth while running. If you have any questions, feel free to message me and we can talk.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

75,000 plus for a boat I think I would listen to the dealership and let them install it…Just my thought

sktrwx2200

You dont want your SI ducer below the running surface. You wont be able to read the SI at all above about 6 mph anyways. The 2d or “High Speed” ducer is the one you want below the running surface.

reddog

Skeeters only come with a glassed in 2d if you order it that way. At least that’s the way it was when I ordered my 1850. I ordered it with both Humminbird and Lowrance 2d glassed in the sump. Initially, I mounted mine (SI)up above the step. Hated it there. There was so much turbulence coming off the hull that the left side was always degraded compared to the right. I was used to being able to get high speed depth SI and DI up to 43 on my Crestliner. I moved mine down to where it runs in water coming off the hull and I was able to tweak it to where it performs at speed again. I don’t use either of the modules in the sump. I have a Solx 12SI on the console.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Here is a shot of one. Some slight adjustments after the water test might be in order to double check your readings.

Attachments:
    1. si-1.jpg

2. si.jpg

carver
    West Metro

Question, I assume that boat has a jack plate. For the Garmin folks (I think that is a HB mega ducer) would you mount a PS30 ducer behind that? or would that create too much interference.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Question, I assume that boat has a jack plate. For the Garmin folks (I think that is a HB mega ducer) would you mount a PS30 ducer behind that? or would that create too much interference.

The WX 2200 & 2060 both have set back plates.

Feel free to give Brandon at Ramsey a call and he will be happy to visit with you on the PS 30 mount location. We have done several.

763 450 0571

Bob Jones

Anyone tried the jack plate mounts for the Side Imaging Transducer? I found this from ‘transducershiledandsaver.com’. It’s a bracket that bolts to the Jack Plate. A little pricy at $170 but not holes drilled in the boat

Attachments:
    1. 9AAA64F6-03C7-4628-8953-574E74B5802E.jpeg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.