Trailer Recommendations for Ice Shack

• KPE
    River Falls, WI

Hello everyone. Looking for any recommendations on places to buy a trailer frame or have one fabbed up as a starting point for an ice shack build.

Steel or Aluminum
    Drop down axles
    8×18, possibly with small front V for exterior storage

Can anyone recommend some places who sell these pre-fabbed or build custom? Just looking for a trailer, everything topside is going to be done at home.

Thanks

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Should have specified location- anywhere within an hour or two of Hudson, WI.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I used to do a lot of fabrication at valley welding
    Jesse frandrup

Great guy and impeccable workmanship. He also really supports you in picking the best materials to get you what YOU need without breaking your wallet.

Gladly share his number.
    Outside of hastings 5 minutes.

Tell him Andy sent ya

He don’t do email and has no problem working with napkin sketches

(651) 438-8685

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Thanks FBRM, much appreciated! The name sounds familiar I used to live in Hastings for a few years and have a few friends there. It’s pretty likely the build will start in my cousin’s driveway in Hastings too, so even better.

I’ll give him a jingle (assuming that’s his number there).

Thanks!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Aluminum, I’m slowly getting rid of all my steel and converting over.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Aluminum, I’m slowly getting rid of all my steel and converting over.

I hear you. We’ll see how everything shakes out but we’re leaning towards aluminum from the get-go.

Norsky

I second that vote for aluminum, if I was building one though I would make it twice as strong as what I thought it needed to be, very soft torsion axels, large tires, those fish houses just take a beating on the lakes.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Yup that’s his digits.
    I don’t know a better aluminum welder.

He built an ice house for himself recently using two semi trailer cabs back to back. Used semi trailer air bags to raise and lower. We worked together a bit ensuring it’ll do exactly what he wants. One sweet house and completely unique. He’s loving them air bags!!!

He is not a fan of quoting (mostly for those who just want a quote and don’t provide any business) and I’ve found I can’t go elsewheres to get a better final product at a great price. The company I worked for used him for as much as we could and in 6 years I haven’t had a disappointment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.