Tracks installed

• brian schultz
    Minot, ND

After some problems with camso tracks. I ended up returning them and going with can am Apache tracks. There is no fish that is safe now. Going to devils lake next weekend to give it a good test.

Attachments:
    1. EF76ADDA-EA86-49D1-8442-B1D605A2EE29.jpeg

munchy
    NULL

Just a little jelly! waytogo

What’s the bill on those Apache’s? Are they easy to take on and off?

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I’m a whole jar of jelly! bow

With the lack of snow this year I may as well take the plow off my SxS and begin converting it to a fish chasing machine. I guess I could always shovel if need be. whistling

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Tracks are 4000.00 or so installed. I have not taken them off yet but I figure a half hour per tire the first time. I’m sure it will be quicker after the first time. I figured it’s about the same price are buying a nice snowmobile and I can use the tracks year around, but then likely won’t.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Without trying to stir up a mess, what kind of issues were you having with the Camso tracks? I’ve always heard mostly good things about them.

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Can am changed the design of there front A arms and camso hasn’t made them yet. I waited over a month of them saying it will be another week or so. Finally they said the end of January and I wasn’t going to wait that long. I started the process before thanksgiving. I should have went with the can am tracks to start with because they make a module that goes into the computer for the power steering and also adjusts your speedo and odometer for the right speed and mileage.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Do you need power steering to run those or is it just recommended?

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

I personally think you need power steering. I have rode one without it and it is a workout for sure. Turning the tracks when not moving fast sucked to be honest with power steering it is much more enjoyable.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

… they make a module that goes into the computer for the power steering and also adjusts your speedo and odometer for the right speed and mileage.

That’s a sweet feature/benefit! Sounds like you ended up with the better product after all. Enjoy the heck out of them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.