RCL League Tournament Openings Leech Lake

• slammin eyes
    Oakdale, MN

The RCL League has a need for more boaters for the Leech Lake Super Tournament on Saturday,July 26th, & Sunday 27th, 2003. There are currently more co-anglers than boaters. Partners for the tournament are determined by a drawing. The whole field of teams fish on Saturday and then the top fifteen teams continue on Sunday to battle it out for position. Boaters compete against other boaters and co-anglers compete against other co-anglers. The entry fee for boaters is $125 and $100 for co-anglers, plus if you are not a member of the FLW you need to purchase a membership ($25). The rules for the tournament can be found on http://www.flwoutdoors.com then click on the blue RCL icon at the top of the page. You can also call the FLW at 270-252-1000 and ask to speak with Mark Dorn. This is a great tournament circuit to fish and is competitive. FYI, Tuck won the last one on Mille Lacs (congrats!)

Slammin Eyes

Eyecrosser
    Mounds View, Minnesota

I was pretty suprised about the cut for Sunday. Only fifteen out of possibly 150 boats? I can already feel the preasure!

slammin eyes
    Oakdale, MN

Last time I checked (this morning) there were 70 boaters registered. The Mille Lacs Tournament was their largest yet with 86 teams. A little pressure brings out the best in everyone. Are you entered?

Eyecrosser
    Mounds View, Minnesota

You bet! I’m set as a co-angler. I just read on the FLW site that there could be as many as 150 boats, I didn’t know how many were acually signed up. This is my first year tournament fishing and I have to say that I have had a blast so far. Is the cut-down to fifteen boats about the norm for this type of tournament? It just seems a little tough, but like you said, it should bring out the best in everyone. I can’t wait!!

slammin eyes
    Oakdale, MN

The RCL League Tournament consist of 2 one day tournaments (one which was on the Mississippi and the other on Mille Lacs) and a two day super tournament on Leech Lake. The Super Tournament and the Championship both have a cut after the first day. The 150 boaters that they are talking about on the web site includes co-anglers. Good Luck on the tourney.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Per Mark Dorn, there are 71 Boaters signed up, and 20 co-anglers on a waiting list. If any of you boaters were on the bubble on this one, sign up soon! It is not going to take many fish to cash a check!
    Tuck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.