Top with side and back curtains for Comp Sport 185

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Anyone have a topper for their Comp Sport? Alumacraft seems to use Dufort product in their ‘build a boat’ page on the web. Seems a bit pricey? Other options around the area (Western WI – Hudson/New Richmond)? Custom made?

I had a topper on my last boat (not the side or aft curtains – just the top that snapped to the windscreen) and I think I used it 3-4 times over a 15 year period. Just trying to figure out if it’s worth the investment.

David Blais

I have a trophy 205. I purchased the factory Bimini top, sides and back. For what it cost, I would of been better off going to canvas craft and getting a custom one. The alumacraft one I have is kind of short height wise. And it stops at my second row of seats.

If I did it again. I would pass on it and have A custom one made. My previous boat has a custom one and it seemed to function better. Let’s drips and water getting past the seam on the windshield

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Check out the canvas shop in Hudson off exit 4, he does good work at a good price.

welliou

I also have a trophy with the factory top and would not do it again. I am disappointed in the quality. They used plastic pivot points on the frame which break easily and the material isn’t the best. I had a custom snap on travel cover made at Canvas Craft and it is far superior in workmanship and material.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I have had two different enclosures made at Canvas Craft. Very satisfied with their work. The price is what the price is. Heres a hint though……take the boat in and have them measure with you standing in the boat. Get a top you can stand under and move around comfortably.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Check out the canvas shop in Hudson off exit 4, he does good work at a good price.

Kuehl’s Canvas… I had him make a snap-down cover for my previous boat and it was really good. Took it back to him last spring, before I traded in the boat, and had him re-stitch a few places and fix some snaps. The cover was 15 years old at that time!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.