Tonka Reports?

• Dan Baker

Hey all,

I’m heading out to tonka this afternoon. Does anyone have any updates of the catch? We’ll be launching out of Maxwell and trying Seton, Black, and North Arm. I’ll post an update after we get back in.

Dan

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

have heard mixed reports. crappies both shallow and deep. water temp was still low last week but much has changed since then. I would stop by Wayzata bait they always do a good job of providing a report

das_bass
    Mound, MN

The crappies last weekend were catchable, but not real agressive. Had the most luck bobber fishing with minnows. Toss out, let sit 30 seconds, slowly reel in. Most bites were seen by the bobber beginning to sink as I reeled.

I fished mostly about 5′ depths, and caught about 2 dozen. Some were OK, some were tiny. Had 5 to take home for supper.

Dan Baker

Action last night was really good. We got out there at 4:30 and fished until dark, about 8:30. It was raining pretty good for the last hour. We managed around 50 fish, kept 15 nice crappie, and 8 big bluegills. Most of the crappies were caught on a plain hook about 18″ under a float. Some of the crappies and all the bluegill were caught on a pink and white Minnie-might jigged under a float.

Dan

Attachments:
    1. image-54.jpeg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sweet! Glad you found them.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Action last night was really good. We got out there at 4:30 and fished until dark, about 8:30. It was raining pretty good for the last hour. We managed around 50 fish, kept 15 nice crappie, and 8 big bluegills. Most of the <em class=”ido-tag-em”>crappies were caught on a plain hook about 18″ under a float. Some of the crappies and all the bluegill were caught on a pink and white Minnie-might jigged under a float.

Dan

Nice. how deep of water were you finding them in?

Dan Baker

We found them from about 6 feet all the way up to 2 feet, most were in 5-6 feet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.