Tonka Muskies

• bechjl15

Anyone been out with suckers on Minnetonka recently? Planning on going out of North Arm with the wind Saturday. Is it a weedline focus yet or channels or both? Appreciate any info! Only have caught one muskie over the years doing it!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Haven’t fished Minnetonka with suckers but have fished with suckers at the cabin over past month (Cumberland WI). Most action has been shallow and weeds.

brewerybuilder

My buddy caught this one (or should I say snagged – look at the rear side fin) on Tonka crappie fishing in the weeds last weekend. So there was at least one in the weeds.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4098.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

My buddy caught this one (or should I say snagged – look at the rear side fin) on Tonka crappie fishing in the weeds last weekend. So there was at least one in the weeds.

This could be the best muskie location advice for a given lake I’ve ever seen. And from someone fishing crappies no less.

Awesome photo, did he manage to get it in the boat?

brewerybuilder

No, they got that photo and clipped the line. It had been a long fight because of the light line. They didn’t want to stress the fish any more than they already had.

bechjl15

We managed to get this 51″ out in Crystal Bay along the weed edge. Only fish/action for 8 hours of fishing but worth it. Sucker was down about 7 ft and going .6-.8 mph!

Attachments:
    1. 20201031_112243.jpg

brewerybuilder

We managed to get this 51″ out in Crystal Bay along the weed edge. Only fish/action for 8 hours of fishing but worth it. Sucker was down about 7 ft and going .6-.8 mph!

Hay…I know that guy lol. Brad sent me that via text Saturday evening.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.