today's cranberries….

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

…tomorrow’s wine. All ground up and ready to freeze to help extract the juice when thawed and ready to ferment. They’ll freeze hard for two days, then go right into the primary to thaw and get the other goodies added to them.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

YUM! I haven’t made cranberry wine before. Is it very tannic with the tartness of cranberries plus all those skins? I love a good pucker beverage

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Sounds good Tom, im going to try to make a cranberry, strawberry and pineapple pie, I want to see how it tastes, it might be pretty darned good,,,I hope

Iowaboy1

that sounds great Tom !!
    cant wait to make the relish you posted about last year but I forgot the dang recipe! man that stuff is delicious !!
    lets see now,two bags of cranberries juiced,one whole orange squeezed,a cap full of vanilla,sugar?? I cant remember the amount of sugar,one cup?? or any at all??

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Sheldon….

I use 2-12 0z packages of fresh cranberries and one medium large orange. Slice the orange into pieces that will fit in your grinder throat, then grind the berries and orange thru a medium plate into a bowl set well under the front of the grinder to catch the juice. Once everything is ground, mix well, then add some sugar and mix again. Taste. If you desire more sugar, add more. Do this until the relish is as sweet as you want it. Then add a generous tablespoon of vanilla extract, mix it in well and set the relish in the fridge for a couple hours to chill and let the vanilla do its charm. Then serve.

When cranberries come in season we have this relish in the fridge ALWAYS. Not only is it a super good relish that goes well with any meat, it darned healthy for you. We’ll go thru a batch of this in week or less.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.