To the Mods…

• youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

At the risk of sounding like a whiner… ever thought about splitting the ‘Ice Fishing’ Forum into Ice Fishing and Ice Gear? There are a LOT of gear questions… many of which are a wealth of information so I’m not saying they’re bad… but maybe it would be nice to separate them from the fishing reports, strategies, etc?

Any thoughts? Thanks wave

Brett Erickson
    Maple Grove,MN

I partially agree, but to be honest I like seeing everything without having to jump around to much. While most posts don’t help me with my current questions or reports I like to read them still. If this change was made it wouldn’t bother me, but I am also okay with the current format. Good thought though

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

At the risk of sounding like a whiner…

WHINER! lol, jk

munchy
    NULL

I disagree, I’ve pretty much stopped visiting another website that keeps adding subcategories(that hardly get visited) and recently split itself up into two websites.

IMO the simpler the better, because chances are the wrong threads will end up in the wrong category anyway. Also I’m a busy guy(as most of us are), I don’t have time to surf more and more categories in the few chances a day I get to sit down and get my outdoor fix.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I disagree, I’ve pretty much stopped visiting another website that keeps adding subcategories(that hardly get visited) and recently split itself up into two websites.

Are you talking about HSO or Fishing MN?

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

I generally agree that its nice to have less places to click… however… it seems like there are 3-4 fishing threads and a lot more gear threads on the first page. So if I have to sort through all those gear threads to find a fishing post from 2-3 days ago… it takes more time than separate forum subtopics

Brett Erickson
    Maple Grove,MN

Maybe just use the names of key bodies of water that you want reports for and use the search bar? Even if there was a dedicated report subcategory, you would still be searching the posts for bodies of water that apply to your area. And like munchy said, the more split up the site is the less traffic the posts as a whole get. By keeping them all together, you have a much better chance of finding what you want and having others add to those posts. IMO

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.