Tip Up Lights

• KP
    Hudson, WI

What are some good Tip Up lights that you use? I have a couple of HT Night Star lights and I cant them to work with my Beaver Dams. They still will blink when the flag is down. Any tips or other lights that work well?

Walleyeguy34

I use this one by clam with my beaver dam.

https://shop.clamoutdoors.com/night-bite-tip-up-light.html

Slides right onto the top of the flag and has worked perfect for me so far.
    The only downside is that you have to keep an eye outside to see if it’s up.

I’ve heard of some tip up lights (blue tipz) that light up and alert your phone when your flag is up. The downside with these is that they are $45 and connect to your phone via Bluetooth so the flag has to be somewhat close to your phone for the system to work.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I’ve heard of Blue Tipz as well but there is just something I love when looking to see if a flag is up and getting that enjoyment of seeing it up.

Matthew Sandys

I just put a little snow under the one side to turn the light off. I use the HT nights on beaver dam all the time. It sits a little off but the fish don’t mind.

Chad McDonald

Just went on a trip to leech where my buddy had the blue tipz. Pretty dang cool. You can customize your phone to say whatever when the flag goes up. What a life saver those things were. I was unsure about them as we were opening the package, but after using, I will be getting a few myself.

Pike1401
    Waconia

I like to use the small round Frabill tip up lights. Usually can find them for about 10 bucks each or you can find them included with some of their round thermal tip ups.

Attachments:
    1. Screen-Shot-2021-01-25-at-12.08.53-PM.png

buck-slayer

I have pagers for mine bought them 20 years ago they work great. Also saved me a ticket for unattended lines.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Never had good luck with the lights. They were always more of a PITA than useful. Seemed like we were always replacing batteries, they would start going off randomly, or would not work when they were supposed to.

We ended up putting two pieces of reflective tape on the flag. One on the tip and one halfway down the metal shaft. You can clearly see them with a head lamp at distance, and it was really easy to tell if the flag was down or up.

Brian B

I recently bought the one that pike posted pic of, along with the orange one that frabill makes. Love them both. Zero issues so far

Coletrain27

I took my HT lights back because I had the same issue. I got the clam ones like walleyeguy34 posted and they work good

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Blue Tipz are expensive but I think they are worth the money. They are great because you don’t have to look up every couple minutes to see if you have a flag so you can focus on jigging. They also have a very nice light on them. I have had two for the last four seasons and they are still going strong.

The Clam and Frabill lights work plenty well enough also as a cheaper option.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.