Tilt Bed Enclosed Trailer ?

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Is there such an animal out there ?

I am looking for an 8.5 x 18 minimum of 6.6′ high enclosed trailer with a ramp door but I want to be able to tilt the box just like a normal tilt bed trailer…

Does this already exist ?
    Custom ?
    If so who would do it ?

404 ERROR
    MN

Years ago I saw such a thing out in West Yellowstone. It looked to be a 4 place enclosed snowmobile trailer. The tongue lifted off the frame on a jack and pivoted in front of the axles. Looked cool but also resembled something you would see out of Uncle larry’s custom shop down by the river…

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

This is a pretty heavy trailer. But it is tilt bed and covered

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I was guessing this lift would not need to me much.. but also was thinking this would be mechanical or hyd of some sort.

jwellsy

Air bags on dual axles might work.

David Blais

Buy a dump trailer and enclose it. Or a tilt bed trailer and have a shell built for it. Twin Cities featherlite in Elko would do it. My uncle their welder, they’ll build anything

munchy
    NULL

Just curious, but if you have a drop down door and you tilt the bed up what will that accomplish? Everything in the box will be on top of the gate now.

I could see doing this with swing doors, but a drop down gate seems like it would be in the way.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Loading and unloading my hovercraft.
    It’s necessary not to loose the seal to stay on hover.

David Blais

Do an enclosed trailer, and have the ramp extended so it isn’t such a drastic pitch. Should work just fine

buschman
    Pool 2

Dave, I was wondering what in the world you would need that style trailer for and forgot all about the hovercraft… I have not seen an enclosed trailer this large. You might be best off focusing on car haulers. It would be the right frame and bed but would have to have the cover built custom.

I attached a link of a car hauler trailer that we have seen before that match your length but most will have the wheel well exposed unless you go up.. The height of the trailer bed will really mess with you on the tilt unless you say on the axels. How wide is that hover? A 102 inch wide trailer bed is your max width and will have quite the angle/grade to get up on with the hovercraft because the bed will have to be above those tires.
    https://sleequipment.com/utility-trailer-7-x18-tilt-bed-steel-car-hauler-w-guard.html?fee=14&fep=524674&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh63Fwc3R1AIVRFp-Ch1wEw__EAYYAiABEgJpp_D_BwE

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The Hovercraft is 90″ at its widest point…16′ 6″ long from tip to tail fins !!! and 66″ tall from flat off hover to the top of the prop guard.

I like the looks of the one above on Craig’s list

No matter how long the door/ramp I still need to make the transition onto the bed of the trailer, that is why the tilt is necessary..

If the wheel covers are tapered and no sharp edges it could work…

Love all the input guys !!!

Dave maze
    Isanti

Or just get a toy hauler fish house shell. I see the yetti brand shells on cl all the time.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Midsota built a trailer for me. They can pretty much build to your spec if you have the checkbook.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Midsota built a trailer for me. They can pretty much build to your spec if you have the checkbook.

Yep Yep !!!
    That’s the kicker….
    I’m really not looking to pay twice the price of the HC for the trailer…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Yep Yep !!!
    That’s the kicker….
    I’m really not looking to pay twice the price of the HC for the trailer…

Understood however if thats your only option…………

Another thought, have you searched down in Florida? I would think there is a better chance of a used hovercraft trailer in Florida then Minnesota. I’m sure you could drum up a buddy with the magical words “road trip.” grin

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

After researching trailers myself come to find that I swear 95% of them are made in Georgia.

Maybe calling a few manufacturers down there who might see something custom like that no big deal, worth a shot. Dude I bought mine from just throws 2-4 in his big trailer and hauls em back here to sell himself. No middle man, no huge markups, just enough to pay for his gas and a lil more bc he goes down to visit his son anyways. Sure he would bring one back for ya for alot cheaper than they charge, think he said about $1.50 mile.

catnip
    south metro

What about a ice castle type trailer?

David Ellingson

Build a second floor on top of original that raises up in front to match the ramp then lower front down once in.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

PM sent. Sure I could design something that can get the Job done.
    You can also view at t3trailers.com

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2052.jpg

2. IMG_1608.jpg

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

driving down hwy 10 in becker yesterday motorsota truck trailer place had a trailer that was tilted with a plastic lid and a gate on the back down. not sure if hovercraft would fit but worth a look.

David Blais

How is tilting the whole trailer any different then the angle of the ramp to the ground? A flat surface to a pitch to a flat surface.

deertracker

If the trailer tilts it will stay in a straight line with the ramp. I’m assuming that’s what he needs.
    DT

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

If the trailer tilts it will stay in a straight line with the ramp. I’m assuming that’s what he needs.
    DT

Absolutely correct !!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

PM sent. Sure I could design something that can get the Job done.
    You can also view at t3trailers.com

What a cool job to have !!! I’m jealous !!!

I did return your PM !!!

404 ERROR
    MN

How is tilting the whole trailer any different then the angle of the ramp to the ground? A flat surface to a pitch to a flat surface.

No matter how long the ramps are, there is still an angle change if the whole bed does not tilt.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.