Three Rivers Parks + Late Night Ice Fishing

• zooks

Been a few years since I’ve been out on Indy past a normal sunset bite and was wondering if anyone has experience of how the park operates past its stated hours. Do they close/lock the gates at 10pm? If so, has anyone ever been stuck out there? Thanks in advance.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

If there is a gate I would expect it to be closed/locked promptly. 3 Rivers seems to have the budget and staff to enforce their hours & policies.

More than once I’ve pulled my boat out of Minnetonka (Lake Minnetonka Regional Park launch) right at closing time, and there’s been park staff waiting to close the park entrance gate behind me right at 10pm. YMMV.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I used to ice fish at night out of French Park on Medicine Lake, which is a Three Rivers Park. I never got locked in.

munchy
    NULL

Sounds like an excuse to tell the wifey. “Awe crap I got locked in again! Guess I’m gonna have to stay the night.”

jester

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I would agree with pool2fool. They have their own police department with sworn officers and a nice fat ticket book they aren’t afraid to use. To be safe I would just shoot an email over to them and ask about what you are concerned about. I hunt in a few of their park hunts and they are very helpful answering questions and usually respond in a short amount of time.

Dan Baker

On Indy, you can still get out after 10. The gate has a sensor. But it won’t let you in after 10. Stay as late as you want.

zooks

On Indy, you can still get out after 10. The gate has a sensor. But it won’t let you in after 10. Stay as late as you want.

Perfect, thank you!

Sounds like an excuse to tell the wifey. “Awe crap I got locked in again! Guess I’m gonna have to stay the night.”

jester

Ha, I’d bet she would probably prefer it some days!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.