Thielen Meats of Pierz – Pop up shop in Maple Grove

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

For those of you who don’t get up to Pierz, Thielen’s is doing their first ever pop-up shop this weekend. Call in your order (ph #320-468-6616) and you can pick it up Saturday March 9th from 10 am-3 pm at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove- Arbor Lakes. Address: 11801 Fountains Way N, Osseo, MN 55369. They will have some stuff there to purchase day of, but I’d bet that sells out quickly, so I’d recommend ordering ahead. (Bacon, Breakfast Sausage, Double Smoked Ham and Polish are the top of my Thielen’s order list)

CaptainMusky

That is brilliant! The new owners are really going to kill it their stuff is amazing!

Deuces

Selling sausage at the holiday Inn, hooe theyre not intruding into others gigolo territory.

tim hurley

Double smoked!
    Have heard they have great bacon.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That is brilliant! The new owners are really going to kill it their stuff is amazing!

They also will ship within MN borders now as well, and just add shipping to the cost. Which is pretty cost prohibitive for most I’d guess. Thankfully me or my parents go through Pierz regularly and none of these new options will change anything for me. Just sharing the love!

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’m eating a Thelen beef stick as I read this. Went there Saturday. Mmmmm

glenn57
    cold spring mn

so..gotta ask…….there’s a Theilen’s in little falls also! i’ve been told there differnet owners..but cousins. and LF stuff isnt as good? any truth to that??

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

brothers I heard, but Pierz has been sold to the employees I have heard

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Bacon is amazing! Their snack sticks are pretty darn good also!

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

They were owned by two brothers. But the families didn’t get along at all, it was actually a pretty bitter relationship. My personal opinion is everything is better at Pierz, especially the beef jerky.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Just picked up 5 lbs. of bacon and 5 lbs. of country sausage on Saturday when we were on our way through Pierz. This is in ADDITION to what is already in the freezer, but you can’t pass an opportunity to stop at the OG Thielens without buying anything.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sadly, their main sausage guy Jim passed away last week, after working there for 43 years.. sad I always make a trip to Pierz when I want some good beef sticks or Potato sausage. They have all the good stuff ! waytogo

BigWerm
    SW Metro

so..gotta ask…….there’s a Theilen’s in little falls also! i’ve been told there differnet owners..but cousins. and LF stuff isnt as good? any truth to that??

I think they are both great, and shop at both regularly. Little Falls is open on Sundays, Pierz isn’t, and LF is right off 10 which makes it easier coming back from the cabin. But if I have time, Pierz is a little better imo. John Thielen started LF in the 90’s on his own, and his brother Keith ran Pierz. John and Keith had some issues way back in the day, but get along great now. And their kids, who are cousins obviously, run both shops independently now.

And big g is correct, RIP Jim Virnig, 44 years of sausage making at Theilen’s and passed away way too soon at 63 years old.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.