Thermal shelters

• AaronMoore

My question is this, I had a eskimo fatfish 949i. When is nice out no problems with it but when is was cold it was a bear to fold up, Very stiff fabric. So what are the Clams and Otters thermals like when it get cold? are they the same (very stiff)?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I have a Clam Nanook thermal and I don’t have any issues folding it up. Even with some frost on the inside of the shelter I don’t have any problems with stowing it away.

tom hopkins

I have a clam Jason Mitchell one man and otter cabin thermal both are easy to to setup and put away. Material has never given me a problem on either. They both stay soft. Ive been out in -20 all day without problem.

Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

My question is this, I had a eskimo fatfish 949i. When is nice out no problems with it but when is was cold it was a bear to fold up, Very stiff fabric. So what are the Clams and Otters thermals like when it get cold? are they the same (very stiff)?

Aaron, that stiffness is most likely due to condensation building up and freezing. The Otter shelters have stayed soft except where frost has built up along stitching and quilting seams.

This year with the ThermalTec fabric shell, Otter has eliminated a majority of the through fabric seams. No weld seams and minimal sew lines that extend through from inside to out means less air leaking through the hole and no chance for frost to build-up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.