Theft protection while trailering Otter Resort XT Pro Lodge

• benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Guys
    I sold my Clam Yukon I have had for years and stepped up to a Otter XT 1200 Pro Lodge. I intend to have this on my trailer with my Side by Side Can Am Commander. One concern I have is theft from the trailer. I realize that if some body really wants something they will get it.

I’m mostly concerned with maybe an extended stop for a couple of hours or a possible over night in a hotel parking lot. What have some of you guys done to secure your gear?

It is not just the possibility of losing this to a thief but it was a real pain to put together and prefer not to have to go through that again. (Otter your assembly instructions are poor. You should also consider a you tube video to aid in assembly)

Thank you!!
    Bob

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I have used these types of locks to fasted through the tow bar pin holes then a cable to the trailer.

Attachments:
    1. Unknown.jpeg

2. Unknown-1.jpeg

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I went with an enclosed trailer. Makes it easy to padlock the doors and it keeps everything inside clean and dry AND away from prying eyes.

castle-rock-clown

I went with an enclosed trailer. Makes it easy to padlock the doors and it keeps everything inside clean and dry AND away from prying eyes.

X2 see if the trailer manufacturer has an enclosed version of your trailer, or if it’s a popular footprint, say 8 x 10 or 12 or 14, you could bolt on a flip up enclosure. With an open trailer used in the winter the salt will destroy what the theives don’t steal.

bradhawthorne
    Isle mn

I have used these types of locks to fasted through the tow bar pin holes then a cable to the trailer.

Mark beat me to it, the long shank padlock. One for every portable and enough chain to attach through or to trailer. Most hardware store have a three pack of those locks keyed the same waytogo Even in the truck box we still chain and lock them on inner tie downs of the truck box.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.