The weather thread

• Stanley

I got at least 3/4 inch. Didnt dump the gauge but it was pretty close to the top which would be 1 inch.

I think that’s about the same as us also. I didn’t look this morning before work. Some boat launches I use can be a little shallow and with already low lake levels I was getting worried about launching with my bunk trailer but this rain is sure helping.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

37/100s in southwest Hennepin County. My backyard doesn’t need anymore.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

More rain here

CaptainMusky

Had .80″ in gauge last night. EMptied it and not sure how much is in there right now I cannot see the level from the ground and too lazy to walk up there.

LabDaddy1

Love the sound of the rain on the roof, especially when you don’t need to be anywhere. Also love greenery and healthy rivers(and lakes). Bring it all on. I already got my pre-spawn river walleye fishing in and am more than satisfied! Looks like a bunch more rain in the next week or so forecast, too. Probably wait a little bit on fishing the croix this year tbh

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No rain tomorrow but guess what? WINDY again. Ill take it. I need to trailer tomorrow and really needed it to be dry.

JEREMY
    BP

I planted 8 apple trees a few years ago by my deer stand. Always been a struggle keeping them watered. Walked back there last night and their in a few inches of standing water. Hope they can handle that for a bit.

Jimmy Jones

My last check from this morning was at .94″ and its still raining. There must have been heavier rains north and west of Roch as the lake is up 6″ already this morning and will probably go up another 6″ by the time this blows off of us. Not good for the stellar crappie bite we’ve been on lately, but great for the lawns and groundwater recharge we need. We’ll see how this extra water affects the fishing in the morning. At least there was no thunder and lightning with this system. Boy does that mess with fish.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Need to have some of these soakers sit in Northern MN for a while! I think we have had enough down here.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Need to have some of these soakers sit in Northern MN for a while! I think we have had enough down here.

Ain’t that the truth. I will take a soggy lawn over a dry crispy one any day tho. Current drought conditions.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-8.png

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well those weather people who were saying a wetter than usual spring and summer due to the type of linter that we had are correct so far on the spring part. We will have to see how far into summer these wet conditions go. I have nothing against the rain as the lakes could surely use it, Just wish it would spread out a little and not all happen in a short period.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I got about 3/4 of an inch. That’s over 3 inches now in 6 days.

Next week looks wet again too.

Jimmy Jones

We’re almost at two inches for today alone now. When it rains, it pours.

CaptainMusky

2.55″ plus .85″ (and counting) since last Friday. Pretty dang impressive.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

0.7″-0.8″ overnight in southwest Hennepin County. I think it’s closer to 0.8″. Checking from the house with binoculars. lol

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That map should be reset to get Wabasha County back to about normal I’d think by tomorrow.

My coworker found 108 morels last night in 2.5 hours on our hunting land working only about a 20 acre chunk. I told him I’d be out with him tomorrow even if it’s in the dark by flashlight after I get my stuff done.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The Rum River is over the banks in Princeton. You will be getting a bunch of water downstream.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Dumped the rain gauge, had 0.7″. I guess by the pic below the middle of my garden tends to be low. I’ll redistribute some dirt when I till it.
    Second time in a week it looked like this.

Attachments:
    1. Flooded-garden-scaled.jpg

Jimmy Jones

I don’t think your tiller will be in action for a while, eh?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Beavers dammed up the outlet on Roosie and the water level was dang near at record high 2 weekends ago.

Good thing is the Channel Bar might have a boat-thru lane now. waytogo

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I don’t think your tiller will be in action for a while, eh?

Since it’s raised it drains well but it will be awhile. I should’ve tilled it in April before the rain started.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Looking like a rain free beautiful day here today. The sunshine was nice to see this morning. it seems like all the tree’s all bloomed overnight around here. A chance of some rain again tomorrow morning but then a few days of dry weather before the next rain system starting next Tuesday.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yea there’s this really big bright thing in the sky! bow rotflol

CaptainMusky

What is that giant orange blob in the sky that is burning my eyes?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

What is that giant orange blob in the sky that is burning my eyes?

I remember from the before times they called it the sun rotflol . Gonna be able to watch stuff grow today! jester

Stanley

I drive east in the morning then west on my way home from work. I always have the sun in my eyes so I’m used to it. This morning the sun took me by surprise since it has been so long without it.

ThunderLund78

Hopefully the Morels will be popping with a day of heat. Noticed the Lilacs were on the verge of blooming. Will be turkey hunting with my so tomorrow AM and will be keeping my eyes open for shrooms.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I got about 1/3 of an inch this morning.

Looks like a break until Monday night when another system arrives.

CaptainMusky

2.55″ plus .85″ (and counting) since last Friday. Pretty dang impressive.

Add another half inch. Everything is so green and the dandelions are starting to pop but for now I don’t have many

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.