The things kids say.

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Had to relay a funny one that happened over spring break a couple of weeks ago.

I was skiing with my 2 sons, ages 12 and 14 (almost 15).

So there was this large group of other skiers, they were all girls and must have been from some kind of high school, youth group, or something like that. You could tell they all knew each other and since there weren’t many other skiers out there, this group represented probably half the skiers on the hill that day. The were probably all 15 to 18.

The 14-year-old was just going down an advanced run and making turns, etc, and I was about 50 yards behind him. From out of the blue, this girl about 16 comes straight down the hill. I could tell as soon as she passed me that she should not have been on that run and was out of control.

I didn’t have enough time to yell before this girl just plowed over Henry from behind. The only saving grace was that they were both moving in the same direction because she basically body-checked him from behind. It was bad.

They both tumbled and slid for quite aways and I was really worried one or both of them was going to be injured. It was a total yard sale on the hill, freaking poles, skies, hats, and goggles, laying everywhere. They ended up laying side by side, facing each other about 2 feet apart.

I raced over to them in a panic thinking even with helmets on this could be bad.

And just as I got within hearing distance, Henry propped himself up on one elbow, looked at the girl, and said…

“If you wanted my Snap or number, you coulda just asked.”

Smooth operator. I almost fell over. Thankfully they were both all right.

CaptainMusky

LOL that is hilarious! Glad they were both OK.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Did he get her number?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Nice.

Just a suggestion. A few years down the road when he gets married, tell him to make sure the stripper at his bachelor party isn’t from the same high school and year class as his bride. I can tell ya, no Matter how smooth he is, that one gets awkward lol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

As a snow boarder my self, yard sales were my favorite thing to watch ever.

As a man, that’s some smooth moves from Henry. But did it work? If not, doesn’t matter. At least he took the shot.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Shooter gotta shoot and Players gotta play! yay

Awesome story grouse.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

But did it work? If not, doesn’t matter. At least he took the shot.

Its better to have tried and failed than to never tried at all.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

“If you wanted my Snap or number, you coulda just asked.”

Smooth operator. I almost fell over. Thankfully they were both all right

Id say so. That’s some quick thinking right there. Hope he was rewarded for it.

MX1825

He’s smooth. Better keep an I on him FG. whistling

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.