The New "Gander Outdoors"

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

From what I read he didn’t say “if you voted for or like trump don’t bother shopping at my store”. He said, if you agree with what happened in Charlottesville and what has been said about it the last few days don’t bother shopping at my store… might be splitting hairs but if you are gonna hate on someone and boycott their business I think it’s just fair to be specific.

Not a very good business tactic if you ask me but who cares, he runs the store he can do what he wants, until the board of directors says otherwise

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

The owner of camping world made the comment about not wanting Trump voters/ supporters business a few months before Charlottesville.

Reef W

The owner of camping world made the comment about not wanting Trump voters/ supporters business a few months before Charlottesville.

Source?

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ski junkie wrote:</div>

Source?

Im trying to find is right now.
    Lots of people in this country have a very short memory.
    He said it around the time when the store closings were announced.

Ryan P
    Farmington

It’s not just that he said that about Charlottesville . He also was quick to take an anti hunting stance and pull sponsor money from the apprentice when photos of Trumps kids from an African hunting trip showed up. The company of course walked it back but it seems like that’s always what he does. Makes some knee jerk comment, then walks it back once he is informed that it will affect his profit line.

From Outdoorhub:
    Lemonis also apologized about his comments published by TMZ which ignited the controversy surrounding the company’s alleged anti-hunting stance. Previously, Lemonis was quoted by TMZ as saying, “I am totally disgusted by the [hunting] pics I have seen and was surprised to see them … Money is spent but wow I’m really shocked.” Then, the report goes on to say that he insisted he “wouldn’t spend another nickel” with “Celebrity Apprentice”.

Lemonis told POMA journalists that he apologized for his comments made in haste and that they came from a lack of understanding or education on hunting. He first saw the photos when TMZ sent them to ask him for his comment on the pictures. At first he was shocked, but after he had time to think and educate himself on hunting he felt his chose his words poorly. “I never had a position on anti-hunting, I had a reaction,” Lemonis said. “This is an apology. I wasn’t making anti-hunting statements, but I was misquoted. I am 100 percent okay and in favor of legal hunting and fishing.”

Outdoorhub Article

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

That’s good I would rather not have to shop next to trump voters anyway. )

queenswake
    NULL

I wonder if one of the reasons outdoor retailers are struggling is that the majority of people doing this activities are already older, established, and have all the equipment and gear they could ever need. I struggle to even think about new gear I ever need at this point for open water or ice fishing. I buy so little compared to once I was younger and building up my supply.

And so this leaves those younger people who are just getting started building up their stash, which is a smaller population with less available money to do so.

I guess my point is that what happens or doesn’t happen with the new Gander doesn’t really matter to me as I already have all the gear I need.

munchy
    NULL

I already have all the gear I need.

rotflol LOL! You made a funny….

Oh? You were serious?!? ???

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

These Internets are awesome! You can read a post or story and just decide on your own what the poster meant. Heck, you can twist most everything to fit your own personal agenda. grin

munchy
    NULL

These Internets are awesome! You can read a post or story and just decide on your own what the poster meant. Heck, you can twist most everything to fit your own personal agenda. grin

Fake news!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I have a feeling this could get really bad. Then on the other hand I think it might be tremendous and great.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You so wishy washy

Sharon
    SE Metro

I don’t pay much attention to the news so I have no idea what the new owner did or didn’t say, and honestly I don’t care. Frankly, I don’t care what his political views are – if his store sells a product I want for a comparable price I’ll buy it. Plain and simple. Not every moment of someone publicizing gibberish needs to have a reaction. Especially political gibberish. You don’t have to agree with someone’s opinions in order to do buiness or even act respectfully regarding them. I think much of our society has forgotten this.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I don’t pay much attention to the news so I have no idea what the new owner did or didn’t say, and honestly I don’t care. Frankly, I don’t care what his political views are – if his store sells a product I want for a comparable price I’ll buy it. Plain and simple. Not every moment of someone publicizing gibberish needs to have a reaction. Especially political gibberish. You don’t have to agree with someone’s opinions in order to do buiness or even act respectfully regarding them. I think much of our society has forgotten this.

Great input Sharon!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I care who my dollars support. I will pay a dime more, than give it to some blowhard trying to force his views on me… (sound familiar to anyone) ? whistling mrgreen

Speaking of in context… What is lost by so many is that what Trump said is exactly what happened… Antifa(masked thugs) went to a rally and started beating the crap out of Neo Nazis( unmasked thugs) If you agree that what Antifa did was right, you can all go have a group hug with the ceo at campshit world. Trump said their is fault on both sides, I agree with that statement, so no campshit for me. Truth hurts sometimes.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I care who my dollars support. I will pay a dime more, than give it to some blowhard trying to force his views on me… (sound familiar to anyone) ? whistling mrgreen

And that’s what makes America great! We all can choose where and how we spend our money based on our own personal beliefs or reasons. I too care who my dollars support for my own personal reasons. I almost exclusively patronize the small independent local businesses for outdoor equipment. It is rare anymore that I buy from any “big box” business. I do order online but even that is limited to mostly small in-state companies. In particular I have been buying from Tutt’s in Garrison MN. I strongly believe in supporting these kinds of businesses or they will all soon be gone. I know I am paying more but I am fine with helping them out because I never know when I will need them to help me out. Example last winter out on Mille Lacs a mishap caused my Vexilar battery charger to drop down the hole. Getting low on power toward the end of the day, I stopped in at Tutt’s for a replacement coming off the ice. Battery charged for the next day and not having to drive miles for a replacement. Glad Tutt’s was right there and I was good to go.
    To each their own I guess….

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Speaking of in context… What is lost by so many is that what Trump said is exactly what happened… Antifa(masked thugs) went to a rally and started beating the crap out of Neo Nazis( unmasked thugs) If you agree that what Antifa did was right, you can all go have a group hug with the ceo at campshit world. Trump said their is fault on both sides, I agree with that statement, so no campshit for me. Truth hurts sometimes.
    [/quote]

You are conviently leaving out the portion of his statements that people had the most problem with. Namely the part where he said there were good people on both sides, and then taking several days to condemn white supremisists. And then walking back his condemnation the next day

big_g
    Isle, MN

please post that part….where he said good people on both sides. I will wait right here.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

In the charlotsville incident? Yeah no problem.

Trump Says There Were “Very Fine People on Both Sides” in Charlottesville

If you don’t care for that news site simply choose any of the other thousand that covered the story

munchy
    NULL

Linky no worky

Mr. Derek
    NULL

In the charlotsville incident? Yeah no problem.

If you don’t care for that news site simply choose any of the other thousand that covered the story

Or you could just watch the press conference for yourself and see what you think.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Again, in context. I agree with him, there were people on both sides, who were protesting peacefully, that were probably very fine people too. So what’s the issue with that ? Should I consider myself in the group that should stay away from campshit world ? He was very specific… the so called Alt Left , needed a matching Alt Right to clash like they did.

riverruns
    Inactive

There was a Levi pants commercial today that had a split second flash of Gay or Strait. Very quick!!! I’m assuming it’s a polically correct advertisement? WTH? Wife and I figured it had to be motivated by strait leg jeans? This is too far out there.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Yeah neo nazis are very fine people

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

i never took a side one way or another, i was only pointing out that your assessment wasn’t telling the whole story and was indeed, leaving out the most poignant parts with which those who side against your point of view, including, presumably, the CEO of gander outdoors, whom you are criticizing, would take the most issue with. As a result your attempt to put something into context in fact only served to take it further out of context.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Krugerfarms will continue to get a lot of my money!

Thank you!! By the way we have a ton of waterfowling gear…

big_g
    Isle, MN

If my not shopping there is criticizing him, then he is also a snowflake. targaman, do you know anything of what happened ?:???: doah devil jester

404 ERROR
    MN

We’re all Americans (mostly), we’re all after the same goal and we’re all human. Opinions are like A$$holes, and there’s lots of them on each side of the political spectrum. Get over it, get over yourself and enjoy the world god has given us. Will I shop there? I’ll at least stop by to see if they actually improved or just carried over the same failed business model. I could care less who the owner voted for.

I know many of the people on this forum are union workers. Do you boycott your job because IBEW, Service employees international union, American federation of teachers, laborers union, carpenters and joiners union, operating engineers union, and plumbers and pipefitters union all almost exclusively donate money to Democrats? I didn’t think so… coffee

Dan
    Southeast MN

I know many of the people on this forum are union workers. Do you boycott your job because IBEW, Service employees international union, American federation of teachers, laborers union, carpenters and joiners union, operating engineers union, and plumbers and pipefitters union all almost exclusively donate money to Democrats? I didn’t think so…

That’s a fair point. People watch movies and a lot of Hollywood supports and donates money to Democrats. People like the Patriots football team and their owner is pretty tight with President Trump. So a person can choose to spend their time and money on products/causes based on who the brand does or doesn’t support, or they can just do what works best for them regardless of who someone up the chain does or doesn’t like. It really doesn’t matter either way, nobody is wrong for doing either and it doesn’t make anyone a bad person just because of the reasoning behind their choice. If we all really want politics to divide our country and its people less, then don’t let it get in the way!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘The New "Gander Outdoors"’ is closed to new replies.