The itch has started

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Went from 90’s and 100% humidity to upper 60’s and a cold north wind. It won’t be long and I’ll need to get out and scratch the itch……meanwhile….dreaming about a favorite set up

Attachments:
    1. DSCN1321.jpg

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Felt the same way as that system passed through, other than the wind I felt like I was doing something wrong not hunting in that weather.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Here’s one for earlier season.

Attachments:
    1. image49.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Tegg – I like those 2 shooting alleys. Open enough, but looks natural

Jason Beaulieu

Though it was nowhere close to this temp but being used to the higher temps and to get hit with upper 40s when you wake up, it almost feels like the first frosty morning in the teens. Randy you got me all excited so I have to post up a pic of the “point” as I call it, this is one of the late October sits I get excited for!

Attachments:
    1. 2013-12-01-07.54.33.jpg

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I have no idea what to expect this deer season. We had really poor deer numbers last season due to the 2013-2014 winter. The position of the photo and a couple hundred acres behind was just logged. The wolves that set up shop in our little corner of the world last year haven’t been present so far this year (cross your fingers). The adjacent neighbor sold their property to a mining outfit. The hay consequently never got cut, etc, etc. Anyway, lot’s of changes. I’m thinking this season will involve a lot of “playing things by ear”.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Went from 90’s and 100% humidity to upper 60’s and a cold north wind.

And all i could think about was….STURGEON!!!

Something about that cool air just reminds me about sitting in a boat waiting for a little tap tap tappy.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ll be out in central SD this weekend. I’ll be running the pup distress and fawn distress sounds primarily. Never too early to whoop up on the dogs!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’ll be out in central SD this weekend. I’ll be running the pup distress and fawn distress sounds primarily. Never too early to whoop up on the dogs!

Yes, especially in areas that get hit hard now that pread calling is all the rage.

No one was more surprised than I was when a yote came roaring in on the first stand I made last October. The dang thing came in at a dead run and ran right over the top of my call. In all honesty, I’m lucky I didn’t shoot the call and miss the coyote, which would have been about normal for me.

Grouse

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Didn’t get to chase yotes but got in about 50 rounds at these ground devils…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20150829_1853392441.jpg

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Oops, didn’t realize this was a predator post. Sorry.

Attachments:
    1. Aug-2015-021.jpg

2. Aug-2015-029.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Kooty, Very nice surgery procedure on that lower jaw waytogo

Super do…..aren’t we all predators waytogo

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Well today I had to scratch the itch a bit. First I had to confirm with the DNR I didn’t have to drop 160 bucks into the furbearer license, and then I headed out to the acres and acres of state owned prairie and farming fields 5min south of my apartment. Spent a couple hours driving around and stopping along the road playing coyote locator out the window. I didn’t have any responses but it sure felt good to hear the call again and be out looking. Now when the temps drop down and the snow flies I’m going to be putting some distance on my boots hiking into these area hoping to find a few song dogs.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Nicholas, I would imagine that you’ll do well up there. I know a few guys over in Milladore, about 20 minutes away from you as the crow flies. The hunt/trap the river bed and put up good numbers every year

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Randy,

Where were you with no leaves on the trees?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Randy,

Where were you with no leaves on the trees?

Culver’s looking at pics on my phone….wishing I was at my farm

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.