The Graveyard – Lybach's

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hello –

Probably going to fish the Graveyard out of Lybach’s this weekend. Anyone have any advice – bad or good? I called Lybach’s and they didn’t sound to excited about plowing a spot for a wheel house unless it was around the graveyard, banana reef, or tundra road. Thanks. Chad

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Last place I would take wheel house is Lybacks. He absolutely despises the invention and does very little if anything at all to accommodate. I inquired about going out of them a few seasons ago for a season pass and was basically turned away and I live just down the road.
    Must be too hard to plow some roads and take peoples money.
    Look to Beachside or Macs twin Bay.

Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Last place I would take wheel house is Lybacks. He absolutely despises the invention and does very little if anything at all to accommodate. I inquired about going out of them a few seasons ago for a season pass and was basically turned away and I live just down the road.
    Must be too hard to plow some roads and take peoples money.
    Look to Beachside or Macs twin Bay.

I just talked to Lybach’s and they have been very accommodating. Way more than beachside. I just wanted to let you know. Thanks. Chad

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I feel Lybacks, especially Eddy himself have one of those personalities that can set people off. Oil n water kinda deal. I like the guy myself, but know others who can’t stand him. Good luck!

KP
    Hudson, WI

I can also see how Eddy might set some people off but the guy takes amazing care of his roads. Its the guys with Wheelhouses that drive over the Ice Road speed limits that makes his blood boil. He also cares about the lake and how it is managed.

I personally like Lybacks and will always use them.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Eddy has always been good to me for the two years I’ve been going out of his resort. Could be because my buddy has a perm that he keeps at his resort too….I think he gets ticked off about the wheelhouses because a lot of them get on his roads, go way too fast, and damage the roads….

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

Eddy does not despise wheel houses, he despises A holes that don’t follow his rules and wreck his roads. He also values lives and safety over making a few extra bucks…

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Eddy does not despise wheel houses, he despises A holes that don’t follow his rules and wreck his roads. He also values lives and safety over making a few extra bucks…

Eddy is old school no doubt. He is second generation and his dad was one of the first out on that lake offering ice fishing services and rental houses. So much has changed now with the wheelhouse #’s growing every year. He…as others mentioned, is one of the most cautious of the resort operators. He will not allow anyone towing a wheelhouse out after dark because of concern they get misdirected and head out over sketchy ice. Many other resorts will take the $ and turn them loose.

kbmwer
    Rosemount, MN

I fished out of Lybacks last weekend on Banana Reef. We did not do great but still had a good time. Eddy has always been very good to me and I would use him in a minute. I agree with the other posts that if you go blasting across the ice you will not get along with him but he puts out great roads. The house next to us had a great weekend so you jut never know. Good luck regardless.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.