Thank you Joe #7

• CaptainMusky

Ive been reading that at this point he’s a virtual lock to get in.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

He’s lucky he was a catcher.

Hoyt4
    NULL

hey this wins me cash . Made the bet a couple years ago I thought for sure he would be 1st ballot. So I need for him to get in on the round :). I lose if he gets in on second or later ballot.

Pretty cool will join Molitor, Winfield, Morris.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>
    He’s lucky he was a catcher.

Just like almost every other catcher in the HOF

Except most of them actually caught their whole career. He was a great catcher. He was a good first baseman. Could’ve been great if he’d have actually been ok with dropping his average 25 points a season and substituting 100 RBI’s and 30 HR. But he didn’t want to do that.

Yes, he could’ve done it easily, and yes, I’m still salty about it.

tswoboda

Could’ve been great if he’d have actually been ok with dropping his average 25 points a season and substituting 100 RBI’s and 30 HR. But he didn’t want to do that.

Wasn’t the BALCO era over by that time? jester

Honestly I appreciate you stick to your opinion on Mauer unlike so many Twins fans that ragged on him for 10 years and now are his biggest fan the last couple weeks.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

He was a good first baseman. Could’ve been great if he’d have actually been ok with dropping his average 25 points a season and substituting 100 RBI’s and 30 HR. But he didn’t want to do that.

He wasn’t a “good” first baseman by modern offensive metrics. And saying he could have easily hit 30 HR’s AND 100 RBI’s when he literally never did either one, once in his career is a stretch to say the least. Especially since he was only close to 30 HR’s OR 100 RBI’s exactly one season (28/96). His second best season highs in those stats was 13 HR’s and 85 RBI’s, and he batted in the middle or top of the lineup his whole career. He was basically the Tony Gwynn of his position(s), and sounds like that will get him into the HOF. I’m happy for him, he seems like a real genuine and nice guy.

Ripjiggen

He is a good dude. Known him since high school. We live in the same community now.
    You could say he is just an “Average Joe” in the community.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Never said he wasn’t a great guy. I played against him my freshman year of high school. But he had the talent, strength, and swing to do it every year. You can say I’m ridiculous for saying that, but he was good enough to do it consistently.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

hey this wins me cash . Made the bet a couple years ago I thought for sure he would be 1st ballot. So I need for him to get in on the round :). I lose if he gets in on second or later ballot.

Pretty cool will join Molitor, Winfield, Morris.

While Molitor, Winfield & Morris are hall of famers they made their careers elsewhere. Puckett, Blylevan & Oliva are HOF’ers who came to MLB through the Twins system.

Ripjiggen

Never said he wasn’t a great guy. I played against him my freshman year of high school. But he had the talent, strength, and swing to do it every year. You can say I’m ridiculous for saying that, but he was good enough to do it consistently.

Wasn’t implying you did was just building off what Werm said.
    Could he have changed his swing to do what you said most likely. One hell of an athlete.
    Knowing him as a person he was pretty robotic with that swing for a long long time.

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

Don’t get hurt on your way to Cooperstown Joe, I’m just kidding. Good luck, was alotta fun watching you play over the yrs!

Ripjiggen

Well it’s official. Congrats Joe. Pretty cool. Not many kids from Minnesota make it into the baseball HOF.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Absolutely awesome news, very happy for him.

dirtywater

Congrats Joe! Had a lot of fun watching him at his peak. It’s just such a darn shame he couldn’t listen to some dude he played against in high school one time and become a truly great player lol.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Congrats Joe! Had a lot of fun watching him at his peak. It’s just such a darn shame he couldn’t listen to some dude he played against in high school one time and become a truly great player lol.

Damn right. Might have actually won something.

Ripjiggen

He might have been a better QB than baseball player honestly, but I think he made the right choice.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would’ve rather played ball 100%. More money and much less wear and tear.

Deuces

Enjoyed watching him play thru the years. Congrats to him.

He might have been a better QB than baseball player honestly, but I think he made the right choice.

My 2 cents he didnt/doesn’t have the demeanor to be a successful nfl qb. Guess we’ll never know

Hoyt4
    NULL

Awesome news and it put a little money in my pocket. )

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.