Texas Rig Hook ?

• Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

I am starting to bass fishing again after several yrs. My favorite is Texas Rig worms. I used to use Tru Turn hooks yrs ago but just wondering what is the best Texas Rig hook these days ? Style and size ?

I used to use 6″ Manns Jelly worms all the time also
    Whats your favorite rubber work for Texas Rigging ?

Thanks

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I like gamagatsu EWG hooks for texas rigging most soft plastics. Some people use them for wacky rigging a stick bait too, I don’t. As a general rule, you should use a bigger hook for largemouth and a smaller one for brownies. Also, the size of the plastic should dictate the size of the hook as well.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I like to use round bend worm hooks.I generally use 3/0 or 4/0 down h
    ere on the river.I keep a selection from 1/0 to 5/0 in the boat.
    I use that size on 4-6″ baits.I like the Eagle Claw hooks, they are priced right and seem to work as well as much more spendy hooks.

FryDog62

For a 6 inch worm I’d use an offset 4/0 round bend worm hook. I also t-rig a lot of crawfish style of lures like a 4 inch Rage Bug and use 4/0 EWG.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I like using the VMC Flippin hooks. Usually a 4/0. I use theses for punching as well.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

VMC Worm Hook. Light on the wallet and I’ve never had any issues with them in 3 years of using them.

I use a standard 5 inch Yum Dinger but 95% of the time I’m t rigging I have a Strike King Rage Bug on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.