Pulled the trigger

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I just picked up my 1st CC gun… got the S&W Bodyguard 380. I was gonna hold out for the M&P version, but hey, what would be wrong with having two if need be Got an ankle and hip holster also, spare mag and a cool 250 rounds to plink with Got it at my local Gander Mountain

johnee

Quote:

I just picked up my 1st CC gun… got the S&W Bodyguard 380. I was gonna hold out for the M&P version, but hey, what would be wrong with having two if need be Got an ankle and hip holster also, spare mag and a cool 250 rounds to plink with Got it at my local Gander Mountain

Just to get the inevitable over with…

The 380 doesn’t really have enough “stopping power” for CC. My brother in law had a friend who knew a guy who was married to a girl who’s father had a crazed crackhead break into his house and he shot him 12 times in the face with a 380 and it didn’t even phase him. He just kept coming and then he gave the guy a snuggie even after getting shot all those times.

So, this pretty much proves my point that the 380 is too light. It’s really marginal and you would probably be better off with an air rifle or slingshot.

What you should have done is bought a 9 MM/40 SW/45/44/454 or a 500 Nitro Express.

There. Now we got that out of the way so nobody else needs to post it.

I note for the record that I have repeatedly asked people who claim the 380 is too light to volunteer to get shot with one to prove their point. So far no one has taken up the offer.

Grouse

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sweet. Anxious to hear your feedback after shooting.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ah, we have matching guns. Cute little buggers aren’t they.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Big G in St. Cloud

I applaud your choice. And ditto that last paragraph by The Grouse…. I own the Tarus version. I bought it when they first came out for my wife but i love the little thing. I suggest practice with whatever ammo you can get, BUT CARRY HOLLOW POINTSand if you can’t find ’em to buy, find someone to reload your empties(save that brass )
    Congrats…

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Big G in St. Cloud

I applaud your choice. And ditto that last paragraph by The Grouse…. I own the Tarus version. I bought it when they first came out for my wife but i love the little thing. I suggest practice with whatever ammo you can get, BUT CARRY HOLLOW POINTSand if you can’t find ’em to buy, find someone to reload your empties(save that brass )
    Congrats…

If you ever need hollow points for CC. Go to Streicher’s Law Enforement Supply. They can set you up with a good round.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I also bought a S&W Bodyguard from Gander Mountain a while ago. Still have not pulled the trigger!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

As with all these tiny little carry guns I’ve shot, the trigger pull leaves a lot to be desired. However, I do know this. I’m likely going to be in close quarters and my adrenaline will likely erase any apprehension I have about the trigger at the time of need.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I fired 6 off and think if your within 20 yards… I am confident your gonna be hurtin’…. The laser works nicely When it gets nicer out, I will run it through the paces

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.