Whoops. I did it again.

• johnee

Well, dang nabbit. What could I do? Another forum member and I went to Cabelas in Rodgers yesterday and they were passing out a “Winter Weekend” sale flyer at the doors.

First item on the front page: Savage Axis Stainless – $249. That is correct. Stainless for $249. I paid $379 for the first one I bought 3 years ago.

Well hell’s bells. How am I supposed to pass that up? Don’t get me wrong, I like high-end guns, fine bluing, upgraded wood, etc, etc. But not on a varmint rifle that I’m just going to burn the barrel out of eventually anyway. The idea of ripping 5000 high-velociy rounds out of the barrel of a $2000+ rifle just seems a waste to me.

The only thing was would they have the Axis in .22-250 in stock? Of course they did!

So here we go again with another Axis. I must say it’ll be nice to have a second Big Bopper out in the dog towns this summer. Last year we had a near disaster when a case head seperated and my only .223 went down on the morning of day 2. Hopefully this will give me a little margin of safety in case a rifle goes down for the count on the next trip.

Love the Axis.

Grouse

I

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.