Finally! Reloading component drought ending.

• johnee

I managed to find an entire brick of 1000 small rifle primers this weekend. The first time I have seen such a thing on store shelves in this area for almost exactly a year now. And the price wasn’t too bad, either.

Bullets have slowly been showing up in greater quantities.

Powder remains difficult for the more popular types. This is hopefully the last domino to fall, but so far powder is still a problem.

On the loaded ammo side, I’ve noticed that even rimfire is becoming available, but you have to go to where the ammo is, not to where you’d like to buy it. Everything else appears to be in better supply, but in super-popular calibers like 9 mm and .223 it looks still to be a case of buy whatever you can because choice is hard to come by.

What is everyone else finding out there?

Grouse

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Scheels in EauClaire has a great selection of powders back in and more bullets then usual. They have had primers by the thousand since end of August with most types available being CCI and Winchester. I was just in there tonight and by guess I would say they had a good 50-60 thousand primers on the shelf for all calibers, price being #39.95 for all but magnum primers.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was up north a couple weekends ago and found some items at a local gun shop. I felt the prices were in the gouge range.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Got a box of 1000 cci #41 primers, 2lbs of 8208XBR, 1lb of Unique in the past week. In the past few months I have been able to get stocked back up and about the only things I haven’t found is H322, Accurate 1680, and Lil Gun

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Got a box of 1000 cci #41 primers, 2lbs of 8208XBR, 1lb of Unique in the past week. In the past few months I have been able to get stocked back up and about the only things I haven’t found is H322, Accurate 1680, and Lil Gun

Jeremy, are you getting those at Recobs? I go by there about once a month on the scenic was to my farm. If your at Richland Center, its only a 18 mile run to meet up with me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.