New Glock has Ejection Issues

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Brand new G17 Gen4 and it aint perfect. I read about a possible ejection issue with some new Gen4 9mm but hoped I would be one of the lucky ones. Nope. Ran the first 50 rounds through it yesterday and less than half the rounds threw brass correctly. Even correctly wasnt great. Many in the upper right arm. Some over my head. Some on top of my head and 3 to my left. LEFT!!! On a gun with a right ejection port!!! Otherwise shot great but this is not livable. Checking with seller now to find out my repair options. I have what is supposedly the correct ejector on the gun. Anyone know about this issue?

tres_pezon
    Plymouth, MN

What kind of ammo? Not all ammo is created equal…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It was blaser brass. You really think ammo? I will eventually try others but I have used everything in my other Glock with no issues. Also have read online about other people having issue and not necessarily ammo related. I also emailed Glock at the advice of the store I bought it from.

johnee

Quote:

It was blaser brass. You really think ammo?

No way. One hangup could be ammo. Jam-o-rama like you had isn’t the ammo, it’s the gun.

Just because everybody is going to try to blame this on the ammo, you’re going to have to prove your case by trying other brands. I’m just saying that I can’t believe for a second that all those jams are just down to the ammo alone. Not in a new gun and not in a Glock.

I don’t suppose the place you bought it from will take it back? Otherwise, this is going to be a massive PITA.

Grouse

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Place I bought said mfg issue. Waiting for Glock USA to return my msg. Other than spraying brass like a lawn spinkler it cycled every round and shot damn straight but I think you are right. Glock will want me to send it and on and on it will go for a while. I have read other accounts of people sending in for this very issue and the guns coming back “better”.I’ve even seen videos on the issue. Its odd that its happening with such a well established and respected company. It just sucks that I did my due diligence before hand, heard of the issue, then got it anyways AND the issue.

johnee

Yes, you are basically hosed. Hope you didn’t have plans to do a lot of shooting with that pistol, because you aren’t going to have it for a while.

Hopefully the fix will be a quick turnaround. Not to pile insult on to injury, but if you ship the pistol back to Glock for repair, I believe you’re going to have to have an FFL dealer that will recieve the pistol for you when Glock returns it to you after repair. Hopefully, this can be a local Glock dealer who won’t charge you a fee. You may want to ask Glock how this is done.

It’s a bummer, I feel your pain. I bought a shotgun last year and got it home only to discover some loose solder in the rib created a “rattle”. Luckily, I had not fired it before this discovery, so I was able to take it back and the dealer (grudgingly) let me return it after some debate. I was not keen to plunk down over $3k on a double and then have it shipped off to warranty repair for who knows how long before I even fired the first round. They happened to have another one that was perfect, but I must say after the hard time they gave me I was very tempted to walk out with my money. Aparently there is a line of customers dropping $3k on guns these days such that some shops can afford to give them a hard time to make sure they are worthy.

Grouse

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

So much for saving money on internet purchase. Yes I will have to work through FFL. The same one close to my home that I recieved it. They are a registered Glock dealer so may make things easier. I have no need for the gun luckily so can stand to be without it.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Shouldn’t have bought a Glock!

No, really, that sucks. I had an issue with a warranteed Beretta pistol. Sure, they fixed it, but it took FOREVER!!!

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Do you have anything mounted on the front slide…(light) etc….because that weight makes a major difference in the gen 3 and older Glocks…The new Gen 4 spring supposely fixed that and after shooting numerous gen 4s with and without mounted lights…never had an issue just curious…if u have something mounted…try it without your accesssory..Next question are you limpwristing the gun…hold on to it tight…this is the number one problem I see when a handgun has an ejection problem…Next take the injector out and clean it good if it doesnt fix it throw another in…u can always use a spare if theats not the problem and its a 2 second switch…good luck Jay

deertracker

Yup, sounds like he is a limp wrister…
    DT

clicker

Call Ron at Ammo Craft Gobbler Specialties in Hopkins, He has a worker who works on glocks, lives on glocks, and has been waiting for an issue like this to arise so he can fix it.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Yup, sounds like he is a limp wrister…
    DT

I got your limp wrist buddy…

No assessories on new gun. 100% naked Glock. Worked exactly the same with all 3 new magazines. Just to make sure I get the point across it shot great. I was pinging that gong nearly every shot at 25 yards. I love the gun. Just need to get this issue resolved.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Call Ron at Ammo Craft Gobbler Specialties in Hopkins, He has a worker who works on glocks, lives on glocks, and has been waiting for an issue like this to arise so he can fix it.

I like the sound of that and might call but while under warranty I lean towards mfg fixing first. Thanks for info.

godevil42

Simple fix: had two with the same issue. Call Glock USA and they will send you a brand new recoil spring assembly. They need to know your model number and the serial number from the gun. You will get your new spring assembly in a matter of days. Ammo has nothing to do with it. Glocks eat up anything you put through them. One of the tell tale signs of the bad batch of springs that were used in the Gen 4 is the rounds occasionally hit you in the face. I have a co-worker that got one too. It’s a really common problem with a broad range of serial numbers.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That would be cool. I have not heard back from Glock yet. I’ll give them another day then I will call.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No response from Glock email so I called them. They emailed me a form with instructions for sending to them. I pay shipping and it MUST be overnight. Brand new product that doesnt work and I am asked to pump more money into it. They also acted like problem doesnt exist when in fact a quick internet search gives all the examples you need. Glock cusotmer service is a major disapointment. I will just hang onto the gun for now and see if shooting it more helps the problem.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Simple fix: had two with the same issue. Call Glock USA and they will send you a brand new recoil spring assembly. They need to know your model number and the serial number from the gun. You will get your new spring assembly in a matter of days. Ammo has nothing to do with it. Glocks eat up anything you put through them. One of the tell tale signs of the bad batch of springs that were used in the Gen 4 is the rounds occasionally hit you in the face. I have a co-worker that got one too. It’s a really common problem with a broad range of serial numbers.

Not simple. They never offered this solution and according to my research I have the correct spring.

johnee

I’m totally with you that it sucks to be asked to shell out money to get Glock to honor a warranty on a brand new gun. However…

Personally, I’d say send it to them and make Glock make good on their warranty. Every day delayed is a day that you have a gun that does not function properly, so what is accomplished by waiting?

Grouse

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m wondering if it will get better with more rounds through it. Glock mentioned low power rounds could be the cause which is complete BS but I may as well shoot it some more and maybe even run some hot rounds through it first just to make sure its not something break-in related. Then back to Glock.

clicker

Call Ammo Craft in hopkins, Ask for Bud. Tell him the problem you are having with the glock. I bet he would fix it just because he loves glock’s that much.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I have a new Glock 26 (Gen 4) which I have yet to shoot, wondering if any reported ejection problems reported on this model?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Mainly on the G17. Mainly Gen4.
    Update: Glock just sent me a pre-paid Fedex label. Guess I will send it in after all.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Thanks Mike, hope it dosn’t take an eternity to get it back in an improved operating condition!

johnee

Quote:

Mainly on the G17. Mainly Gen4.
    Update: Glock just sent me a pre-paid Fedex label. Guess I will send it in after all.

I think this is the best course of action. Good for Glock for responding with good customer service and not rolling out the “blame the customer” attitude that is so common now days.

Grouse

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I might have to rattle off another 100 rounds this weekend. Just to say goodbye…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I got it back from Glock and it is vastly improved. Out of 50 rounds today only one brass flew towards me. Everything else piled up neatly to my right. Man is this thing a sweet shooter! G17. I recommend them to everyone.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

How does the physical size of the 17 compare to the 23?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

How does the physical size of the 17 compare to the 23?

Longer handle. Longer barrel. Great shooting handle. Easier to hit targets. Concealability would be harder with the 17.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m glad they got that fixed up for you, and turn-around wasn’t too bad (although I’m sure it seemed bad to a guy wanting to shoot his brand-new pistol).

Did they disclose to you what they fixed?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.