CVA Electra Muzzleloader

• clintm
    mazeppa mn

Has anyone tried one of these yet? I just bought one a couple weeks ago because I’m a sucker for new updates in muzzleloading and hate misfires when hunting in the rain.
    the breach is completly water tight put a condom on the barrel in the rain and your set.
    And cleaning is twice as fast as a tipical inline rifle.

I was out shooting this weekend and wow what a smooth firing gun. the only problem I can see is the electrode must be clean. During regular hunting you should be fine.
    Unless you miss alot. I tested it out and shot 10 times without cleaning at all before I had slow ignition. but it did go off the second pull.

shayla

Are they legal in most states, do you know? I just seen one in a magazine today and was wondering…seems to maybe be pushing the “primitive” side of things a bit.

shayla

Are they legal in most states, do you know? I just seen one in a magazine today and was wondering…seems to maybe be pushing the “primitive” side of things a bit.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Quote:

So you must have to take the charge out everytime you get done hunting, since there is no primer to take off? I’ll stay with my Omega if that’s the case!

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Quote:

So you must have to take the charge out everytime you get done hunting, since there is no primer to take off? I’ll stay with my Omega if that’s the case!

clintm
    mazeppa mn

They are legal here and I know they are in Colorado and they are pretty strict.

There is a switch to shut the batt off. Some states require you to remove the batt but thats pretty easy

clintm
    mazeppa mn

They are legal here and I know they are in Colorado and they are pretty strict.

There is a switch to shut the batt off. Some states require you to remove the batt but thats pretty easy

shayla

What’s the advantage to this system? If your battery goes dead aren’t you out of business? If you use a primer and it doesn’t work you just pop a new one on, right.

shayla

What’s the advantage to this system? If your battery goes dead aren’t you out of business? If you use a primer and it doesn’t work you just pop a new one on, right.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

They sure have strayed a long way from what started out as a primative weapons season for guys who wanted to emulate the hunters of the past.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

They sure have strayed a long way from what started out as a primative weapons season for guys who wanted to emulate the hunters of the past.

clintm
    mazeppa mn

it is supposed to be 5 times hotter than a 209 primer.
    And the battery is good for 500 shots or can be left on for 25 days if you forget to shut it off. So put a new batt. in every season and you are good I hope I don’t miss more than 500 times.

clintm
    mazeppa mn

it is supposed to be 5 times hotter than a 209 primer.
    And the battery is good for 500 shots or can be left on for 25 days if you forget to shut it off. So put a new batt. in every season and you are good I hope I don’t miss more than 500 times.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I’ll stay with my Omega if that’s the case!

Me too

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I’ll stay with my Omega if that’s the case!

Me too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.