.17 hmr

• Lynch6913
    MN, USA, Hayfield

i own a savage model 93 w/ synthetic and heavy berrel, any body have a 93 or just shots a .17 caliber? i put clay pigoens out at 25/50/75/100/130 yards and this thing blew up all of them while it was sighted dead center on the scope… it is sighted for 130 yards… now i know that the .17 is a flat shooting caliber but this flat??? exept at 25 yards first shot was 1 inch low… this was all shot by stand and the cros hairs were in the middle of every pigion.. any body else have this? i also was using rem ammo, any users of the 93 h.b. what ammo do you use?

danno34

I have a Ruger 77/17 killed squirrels at 100 yds but reccommend head shots.

danno34

I have a Ruger 77/17 killed squirrels at 100 yds but reccommend head shots.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I bought a CZ, ran a few rounds through it at tomotoes and grapefuit…to watch the spray!

I’m haveing the stock refinished…or should I say finished. I hope to have photos when it’s done.

Should have taken “before photo’s”!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I bought a CZ, ran a few rounds through it at tomotoes and grapefuit…to watch the spray!

I’m haveing the stock refinished…or should I say finished. I hope to have photos when it’s done.

Should have taken “before photo’s”!

blufloyd

I got 2 scopes and 1000 rds plus of mach2 waiting for someone to sell me a
    gun. This lil bro of the hmr is quiet and impressive as well….

blufloyd

I got 2 scopes and 1000 rds plus of mach2 waiting for someone to sell me a
    gun. This lil bro of the hmr is quiet and impressive as well….

WadenaMan
    NE Iowa

I shoot a Marlin .17 hmr, and have had similar results. I’ve punched a lot of paper with it and found that the trajectory looks something like this:
    25 yds.=-0.5″
    50 yds.=+0.25″
    100 yds.=+0.40″
    150 yds.=-3″
    200 yds.=-8.8″

Breaking clay pigeons with a dead center hold is definitely possible out to 130 yards. It starts running out of zip in a hurry once you get out beyond 150 yards though.

I shoot the Hornady 17 gr vmax bullets. I’ve been very happy with the groups I get with them (<1 m.o.a.).

WadenaMan
    NE Iowa

I shoot a Marlin .17 hmr, and have had similar results. I’ve punched a lot of paper with it and found that the trajectory looks something like this:
    25 yds.=-0.5″
    50 yds.=+0.25″
    100 yds.=+0.40″
    150 yds.=-3″
    200 yds.=-8.8″

Breaking clay pigeons with a dead center hold is definitely possible out to 130 yards. It starts running out of zip in a hurry once you get out beyond 150 yards though.

I shoot the Hornady 17 gr vmax bullets. I’ve been very happy with the groups I get with them (<1 m.o.a.).

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Mack, you are far too modest….

I’ve seen your work…

Quote:

It glimmers much nicer than the factory finish

That isn’t saying too much!

Although I like CZ’s workmanship on the rifle…the finish looked like they forgot to finish!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Mack, you are far too modest….

I’ve seen your work…

Quote:

It glimmers much nicer than the factory finish

That isn’t saying too much!

Although I like CZ’s workmanship on the rifle…the finish looked like they forgot to finish!

smallmouthbass
    Annandale, MN

I will echo Danno’s comment about shooting squirrels in the head versus body shots with a 17! I rolled a grey that was destroying my wifes bird feeder at 50′. Holy moses, tiny hole on the front and huge hole on the backside.

I’ve been shooting out to 125 yrds with my budget model Savage and Federal TNT’s. I like the results.

smallmouthbass
    Annandale, MN

I will echo Danno’s comment about shooting squirrels in the head versus body shots with a 17! I rolled a grey that was destroying my wifes bird feeder at 50′. Holy moses, tiny hole on the front and huge hole on the backside.

I’ve been shooting out to 125 yrds with my budget model Savage and Federal TNT’s. I like the results.

Lynch6913
    MN, USA, Hayfield

i went to do some extermanating on a friends land, i wouldn’t of shot them at this time if they didn’t eat the flowers and plants in the spring, but out of the 5 rabbits the 3 i shot in the head didn’t have them anymore… and the other 2 that wern’t decapetated did not have the “whole set of ribs” so it will kill rabits at 30 yards and 3 feet… lol

Lynch6913
    MN, USA, Hayfield

i went to do some extermanating on a friends land, i wouldn’t of shot them at this time if they didn’t eat the flowers and plants in the spring, but out of the 5 rabbits the 3 i shot in the head didn’t have them anymore… and the other 2 that wern’t decapetated did not have the “whole set of ribs” so it will kill rabits at 30 yards and 3 feet… lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.