Favorite Conceal Holster?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I would guess everyone that conceals has a couple holsters…or more.

If you had only ONE holster to use, what style would this be?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

The ONE holster I would/do use in fall/winter is my Bianchi high ride belt holster.

The ONE holster I use in the spring/summer is my wallet holster.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

The ONE holster I would/do use in fall/winter is my Bianchi high ride belt holster.

The ONE holster I use in the spring/summer is my wallet holster.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Man Brian!!!!
    You must have been reading my mind. I just loged on to ask the same question.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Man Brian!!!!
    You must have been reading my mind. I just loged on to ask the same question.

tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

I bought a clip for my Glock 27 that attaches right to the gun for inside the pants carry. Bought it from Delta Force. Delta Force has all kinds of stuff for Glocks, Mini 14’s, Rugers (turn your 10/22 into a German MG 22!!), books, tools, holsters, etc, etc.
    Over the years I’ve played with all sorts of concealed holsters, shoulder rigs, etc. The clip on that Glock is the simplest and most efficient…just hooks on your belt or to waistband of your pants. I pity the fool who would like to relieve my of my ‘minnow money’!

tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

I bought a clip for my Glock 27 that attaches right to the gun for inside the pants carry. Bought it from Delta Force. Delta Force has all kinds of stuff for Glocks, Mini 14’s, Rugers (turn your 10/22 into a German MG 22!!), books, tools, holsters, etc, etc.
    Over the years I’ve played with all sorts of concealed holsters, shoulder rigs, etc. The clip on that Glock is the simplest and most efficient…just hooks on your belt or to waistband of your pants. I pity the fool who would like to relieve my of my ‘minnow money’!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Ted, how do you carry concealed in WI? Or are you talking figuritively?
    Are you in Genoa down by Gurnee IL? I will be down there next week.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Ted, how do you carry concealed in WI? Or are you talking figuritively?
    Are you in Genoa down by Gurnee IL? I will be down there next week.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Permits are available in WI….IF you know the right people in law enforcement.
    It’s just like MN was…if you could convince the sheriff (?) that you needed one, they “could” grant one to you…

Normally they were denied as in MN.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Permits are available in WI….IF you know the right people in law enforcement.
    It’s just like MN was…if you could convince the sheriff (?) that you needed one, they “could” grant one to you…

Normally they were denied as in MN.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I like my “Uncle Mike” holsters for CC. Both the hip and under the shoulder styles are comfy and tight to the body. Priced right too.

The Galco FLETCH holster is very nice for my full frame 9mm Ruger.

My next holster will be this tacticle style from Cabela’s Holster

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I like my “Uncle Mike” holsters for CC. Both the hip and under the shoulder styles are comfy and tight to the body. Priced right too.

The Galco FLETCH holster is very nice for my full frame 9mm Ruger.

My next holster will be this tacticle style from Cabela’s Holster

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So Jon…are you going to wear that one to the bank?

I bought a K&D 2n1 pocket holster for the little P3-AT…still hasn’t arrived. I’m comfortable with just slipping it in my pocket without a holster…but then there’s the lint. Of course nothing else would go in there. Keys and a double action without anyother type of safety don’t go together well.

I haven’t found a good holster for the G26 yet. I have a IWB Galco. Guess that fits most travels, but find it uncomfortable sitting. Also the Fubus OWB…which I really like, but when I bend over, it shows and there’s a slight print under a sweatshirt.

Guess that’s why they say “no one hoster fits all”!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So Jon…are you going to wear that one to the bank?

I bought a K&D 2n1 pocket holster for the little P3-AT…still hasn’t arrived. I’m comfortable with just slipping it in my pocket without a holster…but then there’s the lint. Of course nothing else would go in there. Keys and a double action without anyother type of safety don’t go together well.

I haven’t found a good holster for the G26 yet. I have a IWB Galco. Guess that fits most travels, but find it uncomfortable sitting. Also the Fubus OWB…which I really like, but when I bend over, it shows and there’s a slight print under a sweatshirt.

Guess that’s why they say “no one hoster fits all”!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

My wallet holster is a K&D. You wait a while, but it is super high quality! You will like it!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

My wallet holster is a K&D. You wait a while, but it is super high quality! You will like it!

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

Dumb question:

Do you sit on the gun/holster?

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

Dumb question:

Do you sit on the gun/holster?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m not sure about Tuck! But you can and also place it in your front pocket too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m not sure about Tuck! But you can and also place it in your front pocket too.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Only when I am sitting!

Yes, I do..My gun is pretty low profile. I do however have a permanent outline of a .40 cal on my as$.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Only when I am sitting!

Yes, I do..My gun is pretty low profile. I do however have a permanent outline of a .40 cal on my as$.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I don’t know about the rest of you…but I’M NOT GOING THERE!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I don’t know about the rest of you…but I’M NOT GOING THERE!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

If you get your face really close to the screen……closer…….closer…..right there on my right cheek. See it?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

If you get your face really close to the screen……closer…….closer…..right there on my right cheek. See it?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

There ain’t now way I would have one of those things in my front pocket Only room for one gun there and it isn’t for self-defense

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

There ain’t now way I would have one of those things in my front pocket Only room for one gun there and it isn’t for self-defense

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I would have to agree with you Wats! There will be some that will argue with me on this, but here is my take. When I was in Cop School back in the 80’s, they discouraged front pocket carry for off duty. In the heat of the battle, pulling a gun from the front pocket:

1. Is a dead giveaway as to what you are doing, and may provoke a shot at you before you can clear your pants!

2. Pulling your gun from a front pocket aims the business end of a pistol into your thigh, Johnson, legs, and other necessary parts. Premature firing can cause severe colateral damage.

3. Front pocket carry accounted for many premature firings, and inaccurate first shots due to elbow angle, and the length of time it takes to straighten it out. First shots will usually be off target or delayed.

Back pocket carry hides intent. It also allows for subtle drawing. And when you do draw, you can do it aiming away from vital body parts. The arm straightens for firing in a more direct route. Back pockets are straight and usually square, making for an easy draw with the right holster. Front pockets are deep, and angled. Weapons can be darn tough to get out in a situation like that. Take your .380/.22/.25/.32 for instance. These little fellas can twist and turn to the point that it is aiming at your chin! Not cool. Especially if you need to get it out fast. Hip holsters can also hide intent if proper body language is used. Distractions from your oposite hand keep an offenders eye focused on it rather than your drawing hand.

Posturing is huge, In a possible confrontational situation, how you hold yourself is HUGE! Whether you plan to draw your gun or not. Holding your hands in a relaxed, defensive position is recommended. As a Military Policeman, I was trained by a really cool Black Belt instructor by the name of Ken Coles. I think he was out of Elk River. I learned a ton from this guy! (This will get back to holsters…) He would walk into a situation and asses it. He would face the major offenders straight on with one hand on his chin in a thoughtful pose, and the other hand on his opposing elbow. It looks like a relaxed position, and from that he could either talk a person down…If they were smart, they would…Or a guy would make a stupid move, and telegraph his movement. From that position, Ken would use the hand on his elbow to sweep up to block, and the hand on his chin would knock a guy out in one short punch. His feet were also in a position to step into or away from an attacker. With a shift of the foot, either forward or back, you can minimize your profile, draw and shoot if need be.

As Joe Penaz mentioned, practice is everything! Drawing your weapon out of the holster, and firing in defense is CRITICAL! Use a holster that you can best utilize your best natural defensive position. Whatever position feels most comfortable to you. PRACTICE dry runs at home with an UNLOADED gun. Over and over. And then do it at the range with live fire. What I like to do is take cheap paper plates. Place them at 3 different distances. Pull, fire two rounds into each. Or 1 in each, and follow up with another. (I know lot of instructors preach double tapping.) Some current thinking is one shot per target. The debate will go on. Single bad guy, two shots, center mass for me. But practice different scenarios. Use the holster that allows you to be most accurate in that situation regardless of how many rounds you deliver.

When you address people, you will find yourself assuming that position naturally towards friend and foe.

I would like to remind you all that this is what I, me, myself do. I am always learning new things from people, and that is really cool.

Also, never go out looking for a fight, because you WILL find one! And chances are, the guy you pick, or worse yet, picks you, will probably kick your as$! The best defense is to never get yourself in that position in the first place! Defense is best served as a suprise to the attacker.

At the get together, I can show you guys a few other tricks I have used on drunks, and people that try to get your gun away from you. (That has never happened to me in real life BTW…)

Tuck

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.