Any XD-40 owners out there?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m looking for info on Springfields XD line…thinking maybe the .45 when it’s released.

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Brian, I work for a police department that just recently allowed us to upgrade from 9mm to 40 or 45. Our academy did a lot of research and the Springfield XD is now one of our authorized duty weapons. I shot the XD 40, but decided to stay with my Glock. Other guys went with the Springfield. Just what I’m used to I guess.

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Brian, I work for a police department that just recently allowed us to upgrade from 9mm to 40 or 45. Our academy did a lot of research and the Springfield XD is now one of our authorized duty weapons. I shot the XD 40, but decided to stay with my Glock. Other guys went with the Springfield. Just what I’m used to I guess.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Which Glock are you using…the 19?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Which Glock are you using…the 19?

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Yes, I still carry the 19, haven’t shelled out the money to go to the 40 or 45, but the Glock 21 is the best shooting pistol I’ve ever used.

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Yes, I still carry the 19, haven’t shelled out the money to go to the 40 or 45, but the Glock 21 is the best shooting pistol I’ve ever used.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I have to run…hope this isn’t a dumb question…but why don’t you carry the 21?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I have to run…hope this isn’t a dumb question…but why don’t you carry the 21?

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

I work in detectives now and the 21 would be hard to conceal for some of the work I do.

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

I work in detectives now and the 21 would be hard to conceal for some of the work I do.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Gunn of the year last year.
    I have had one for 4 years now. Used to carry it for my PT jobs.
    Some comments from the PD that tried it out was that it was smoother that thier glocks and they liked the added grip safety and the chambered indicator. Some were iffy on the Cocked indicator. Some worried about what if it was dropped.
    But not enough to say that they would never use one.
    Have had nothing but good shooting with it. In fact shot a 96% the second time shooting the gun on the FBI qualification course.
    Love mine.
    If your close maybe we could meet and you could try mine out.
    Clarence

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Gunn of the year last year.
    I have had one for 4 years now. Used to carry it for my PT jobs.
    Some comments from the PD that tried it out was that it was smoother that thier glocks and they liked the added grip safety and the chambered indicator. Some were iffy on the Cocked indicator. Some worried about what if it was dropped.
    But not enough to say that they would never use one.
    Have had nothing but good shooting with it. In fact shot a 96% the second time shooting the gun on the FBI qualification course.
    Love mine.
    If your close maybe we could meet and you could try mine out.
    Clarence

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

The XD .45 compact will be my next gun when it is available. I like the bark and feel of the .40 and .45’s. I shot 1911’s competetively for a lot of years. Carrying them is a biatch. I was an MP for 10 years. My Kahr PM 40 is totally concealable. And at .40, I have no power envy! I want one more for shooting than carrying. My Kahr is my CC baby!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

The XD .45 compact will be my next gun when it is available. I like the bark and feel of the .40 and .45’s. I shot 1911’s competetively for a lot of years. Carrying them is a biatch. I was an MP for 10 years. My Kahr PM 40 is totally concealable. And at .40, I have no power envy! I want one more for shooting than carrying. My Kahr is my CC baby!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.